StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Happy Thanksgiving 2016

Comments

• Happy Thanksgiving to all here on SD!

• To you too all in the land of the free and the home of the surveilled.

• Ha, you want to see surveiled go to China. i have never seen so many cameras in my life. Successful crime rate must be zero.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Been listening to turkey hunting podcasts here.
    Anyone do it? Sounds like a heap of fun to call them in.

• I reach out to them with my M107. No calling them in. No plucking. No stuffing. From a half mile away the just become red mist.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• What a waste. I don't intend to eat meat with a straw for a long time yet.

• @punkin, I did go to China once for a project I was working on that was owned by the Chinese. Scary place. You know your being watched all the time. We had a minder as well who was with us 24/7. I was there for 3 weeks and it was the hardest drinking of my life. Brutal.

• I did some turkey hunting in my younger days. Whenever I tried to use a turkey call I think I just advertised to the forest "Shit, is something dying over in those bushes". Never did call one or bag one. Now that I don't hunt anymore I see them wandering around all the time. Even had a few visit the farm.

• Turkey is easy. There's a flock coming through the in-laws backyard every morning at ten a.m. Might be able to get one with a rock :))

• edited November 2016

@punkin - We do have a shi*tload of cams here in the US these days. Even my rural property - I have 16 external HD infrared and several in house cams too. All tied to a concealed DVR system you can access from any where.

That's mostly to make sure the LEO's see what really happened instead of some "pinch'e" attorney pleading their innocence after they were caught breaking and entering.

Now, in this part of Texas, some actually roast an Armadillo for dinner..Not any place I'd eat, mind ya, but they do. I have never been able to get the sun marinade correct for the right tenderness.

On a serious note, Happy Thanksgiving to all, it's been a tough year, but things are better now, and I am thankful to many things.

Hobby Distillers Association Member - Join us today!

The only sillae question is the one you don't ask folks...