StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Hi from Central Victoria

Just a quick hi.

New to this forum and site. I've been making neutral from TPW for over a year now and it's time to look as some whisky. I've done a test using goo and peat smoked malted barley that has oak chips in it at the moment, and it smells like... whisky :D

My next step is to play with grain mixes and so on.

I also love playing with botanicals and using the neutral to make gin, lemoncello, coffee infused vodka and the like. I've also got a wormwood plant growing for a dabble into Absinthe :D

I have a simple pot still (20 litre boiler, 2" copper mesh packed column thats about 3' high to a liebig thats 2" over 3/4" and about 3 1/2' long). I usually strip my wash and do 2x spirit runs with loose heart cuts to get my neutral.

I love the process and find it very interesting and satisfying.

And the final kicker, i'm a not drinker :))

Looking forward to my time here

s

Comments

• Welcome mate. Great fun to be had with a pot still.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Welcome clubned.

Glad to see you found this place. It's a great spot with lots of helpful friendly folk.

Keep having fun with your pot. As Punkin says, you can do a lot with one

• Welcome, ClubNed. I am also not much of a drinker (I'm more of a designated driver but find the whole process fascinating for the reasons you mentioned above. That is so cool that you are growing wormwood. Please let us know how the absinthe turns out.

• Welcome, @ClubNed. And nobody really drinks here, we are all professionals! :))

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Thank you for the welcomes Had my well travelled stepson and a couple of his friends over tonight and I tested my coffee vodka on them. "OMG" and "best thing I've tasted" were some of the comments. Feeling pretty chuffed as I made the wash, distilled and took good cuts, ground fresh beans and brewed the coffee, blended it all and made something that someone enjoyed. Can't get much more satisfying than that. Thanks again for the welcome.

s