StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Baby Dragon

2»

Comments

• well, I can see that. But she most certainly does not smell like crispy chicken ;)

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• edited June 2016

One of these two red heeler female pups I will be taking home in the next few days.
    They say Heelers got their name from biting the heels of reluctant cattle ( hence the other name Queensland Cattle Dog ) but I think with them if you are standing there looking around saying where is the bloody dog you are not looking at your heels as it is likely to be right there.

1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 156K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 176K
  • Yes, too right. Taking a chunk out of your calf. :))

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Super smart dogs. Quite keen to please. I miss mine.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited June 2016

You had an aussie heeler?

How come you can't understand Australian very well then? Didn't the dog bother teaching you anything? :D

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• She tried her best. But I'm not a very good student......

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited June 2016

ahhh, grasshopper

grass.jpg
    800 x 532 - 51K

• edited June 2016

Man's best friend, or at least this man's best hunting buddy. Half a border collie is smarter than most people I know. I really miss this guy.

VictorCharliePheasantsSmall.jpg
    800 x 601 - 64K

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

• You can only drink things Baby Dragons make! I think you should be scared of poodle piss and dont use poodle dunder from there backset

• @Sunshine said:

How long do them toys last?

zoe5.jpg
    800 x 784 - 150K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• edited August 2016

This invoice from an order did not make it - Zoe found it ;)

Torninvoice.jpg
    800 x 600 - 68K

• Well it had error and she just did her job after the proof read.... ;)

zoe.jpg
    600 x 800 - 85K

• U guys got a Tesla?

• yes and loving every inch of it. Best decision ever!

• Nice, I've just gone half way electric and ordered a Mercedes C350e plug in hybrid, only one problem, there's a waiting list and it's not due into the dealership until April 2017 :-(

• edited December 2016

Congratulations! I drove once a B-class electric, it was a really nice car with lots of comfort and very spacey.

For those, who want to order a Tesla, this would be our referral link/code ;) you get $1000 (or the equivalent in your currency; the referral is valid worldwide) off with it:

michael8078

Just in case ;)

• When do they bring out the rainbow powered hilux?

• If I have spare money laying around, I'll definitively use the code! Need to start a distillery first though... ;)

Joking aside, to me Tesla is currently the gold standard for electrical cars. It's range is unmatched by any other EV on the market and that's what really counts on day to day use.

• edited December 2016

We were in the Honda Fit EV pilot program here in the states.

Was a nice car, but winter range was awful. You would go from 114 miles range (if you drove well) in the summer months, to as low as 26 miles, once the temperatures hit zero F.

I don't know about you, but 26 miles range is pretty worthless.

We ended up having electrical issues, where the small 12v battery under the hood would repeatedly die, fail, need to get replaced, die again. Honda had no idea how to fix it, very few techs were actually trained on the car. At one point, they told us to get a 12v battery charger and hook it up when it was in the garage. Really? I have a big EV charger on the wall. I need to now pop the hood and hook the little battery up too?

They ended up giving us all our money back, so we drove the EV for 2 years for free. I believe they ended up scrapping the project and probably destroyed all the cars.

Electric is the future, those here who are still young, by the time you die there won't be a combustion car on the road.

On the waiting list for the new Tesla 3, doubt I'll ever see it. 200 miles is the magic number for EV range.

• Internal combustion engines can be converted to natural gas pretty easily and in this country I think we will soon see production really ramp up. Could be the bridge between petrol and electric.

• edited December 2016

26 miles is abysmal! Fit Pilot didn't roll out here but I test drove the Focus EV once and had a similar experience. My commute is already 22 miles, so my minimum distance is 60 in real driving conditions.

To me, the electric revolution is still some time out as there's major hurdles to conquer:

• Batteries - capacity, weight, reliability & cost. Currently, the e-drivetrain weighs more and costs multiple times the traditional ICE
    • eMotors - strongly dependent on permanent magnets. Not sure what a high demand is going to do to the costs of them. There was a spike some years ago when China choked the supply and the industry was mid-swing switching from hydraulic to electric power steering & it caused major issues. Another example is the aluminum market after Ford went to aluminum bodies on F150 which also caused overall aluminum market to rise
    • Infrastructure - The industry is still fighting on charging standards and connectors. For me as a user still not acceptable
    • Affordability - Especially here in the US, there's no financial incentive to go electric. Either gas costs need to increase dramatically again or electric will remain a niche for the environmentally conscientious.

Another factor is as well the clean creation of electricity if you're looking into CO2 balance etc. If you're in a country that creates most energy through coal (China), then you're not really that much better off. If you're in France, you're good on CO2 but have to deal with the disposal of atomic plants.

@FloridaCracker true! But the hurdle on infrastructure still needs to be overcome as I haven't seen a single gas station yet to have NG. If you're looking into europe there's big discussions ongoing about safety and crash reliability and I'm pretty sure the same sentiment will come here as well once it's seriously considered.

• Well the C350e I've ordered has a 200hp petrol engine combined with an 80hp electric motor, it's supposed to get upto 136mpg but in reality, the guys I work with who have them, never charge the batteries and just leave them in sport mode all day, actual mpg is about 30!!

The only reason I ordered it is because it falls into the lowest company car tax band, it'll be a fun way to save money :-)