StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

MONOPOL - The Brewery You Wish You Had In Your Town

1.jpg
800 x 600 - 96K
2.jpg
800 x 600 - 69K
3.jpg
800 x 600 - 108K
4.jpg
800 x 600 - 85K
5.jpg
600 x 800 - 61K
6.jpg
800 x 600 - 74K
7.jpg
600 x 800 - 66K
8.jpg
800 x 600 - 74K
9.jpg
800 x 600 - 81K
10.jpg
800 x 600 - 85K
11.jpg
800 x 600 - 65K
12.jpg
800 x 600 - 54K
13.jpg
600 x 800 - 63K
14.jpg
600 x 800 - 75K
15.jpg
600 x 800 - 55K
16.jpg
600 x 800 - 53K
17.jpg
800 x 600 - 83K
18.jpg
600 x 800 - 49K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

Tagged:

Comments

• Can't see any pork soup. Where's yours Michael?

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Mayonaise on french fries?! GAAAK! That is soooooo wrong!

Oh, the humanity!

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• @punkin said: Can't see any pork soup. Where's yours Michael?

How can someone eat pork soup with his jaws taken apart just recently? Show me and I'll do it! Had some nice bean cream soup though.... b-(

@Kapea said: Mayonaise on french fries?! GAAAK! That is soooooo wrong! Oh, the humanity!

That's the best! I was skeptical at first as well, but you have to try it to make up your own mind. The real pros do it exactly like that, have a look at Belgium or France, even the United Kingdom with their Fish & Chips. Give it a try at Burger King, they have a special Mayo Pommes Sauce (at least here in Europe).

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Wish there was one here in Sydney!

• We use mayonnaise for bearing grease, not for ruining french fries.

• @Kapea said: We use mayonnaise for bearing grease, not for ruining french fries.

You will never know unless you try yourself! =P~

• edited April 2016

It tastes better if you call it something fancy like Garlic Aioli.

But really, roast up some garlic for a few hours in the oven, till it's dark and carmel. Use a mortar and grind it into a paste with kosher salt. Mix with mayo or make your own mayo and mix to taste.

Pretty damn tasty.

Or, a tiny, tiny amount of truffle oil. I'm talking like two drops, max.

• Oh, that one in the picture definitely was no ordinary mayo just tasting of fat, it's always some super secret recipe that gives it the right touch. That one at MONOPOL had a nice citrus fragrance.

• edited April 2016

I make numerous aioli from scratch (thanks to Chef Emeril). None of them taste anything like bearing grease/mayonnaise.

Try adding grilled red and yellow bell peppers to your garlic aioli.

Pesto is a garlic - pine nut - basil - parmesan aioli.

• @grim said: It tastes better if you call it something fancy like Garlic Aioli.

But really, roast up some garlic for a few hours in the oven, till it's dark and carmel. Use a mortar and grind it into a paste with kosher salt. Mix with mayo or make your own mayo and mix to taste.

Pretty damn tasty.

Or, a tiny, tiny amount of truffle oil. I'm talking like two drops, max.

Tarragon is awesome and so is fresh radish!

@Kapea maybe you need to buy a better mayo? Pommes Rot-Weiss is the best!!!

• edited April 2016

@SDeurope said: How can someone eat pork soup with his jaws taken apart just recently? Show me and I'll do it! Had some nice bean cream soup though....

Well you boil a bit of pork with some herbs and spices and vegetables, then strain out all the goodness and drink the broth of course.

Six String Brewing Co. @ Google Images

This is the brewery i wish was local. Six Strings on the Central Coast of NSW.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited April 2016

@punkin said: Well you boil a bit of pork with some herbs and spices and vegetables, then strain out all the goodness and drink the broth of course.

And throw away the pork? Not gonna happen, that pork has to wait till I'm ready to go again! B-)

• @Kapea said: We use mayonnaise for bearing grease, not for ruining french fries.

Don't knock it till you try it!

• Once was more than enough.

• Krauts and yanks giving each other advice on good food :D
    Have we got a frog in house to explain the difference between mayo and aioli and why the idea of garlic aioli is so ridiculous.

• edited April 2016

Austrians are not Krauts - Austrians have eating culture, ok the Bavarians have too, but they are not Krauts either ;)

The idea of mayo with french fries is something typical Belgian btw, maybe the best thing after belgian chocolate.

• I have no issue with mayo and chips. I'm open to anything :)
    I should add I've worked with quite a few Austrian chefs and even cooked in an Austrian resturant to for a while so I know a bit about their food culture (and Americas).
    Some things are world class and some other things are less so.

• edited April 2016

Aioli in the broader sense - like what's been done with the concept of martinis by the beautiful people these days (which I reject outright as a ginphile).

Aioli-wise, it works.

@Sunshine said: Austrians are not Krauts

How do you reconcile that with being from the oster reich? ;)

• edited April 2016

FWIW folks from the Southern US are not yanks.

• They are in Australia :))

• Revisited - It really is THAT good!

And their hotel is right above the brewery :-)

1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 89K
    2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 73K
    3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 71K
    4.jpg
    600 x 800 - 79K
    5.jpg
    800 x 600 - 57K
    6.jpg
    800 x 600 - 59K
    7.jpg
    800 x 600 - 50K
    8.jpg
    800 x 600 - 62K
    9.jpg
    800 x 600 - 85K