StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

A Distiller's Place in the Food Chain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcTYDl3lfR4

This person accused me of stealing his name. He is also the past president of the California Artisanal Distillers Guild. This is his opinion on distillers.
Check out napa valley distillery arthur hartunian on YouTube.

Comments

• This is over simplification based on one, maybe two models.

Almost certainly his assertion is an opinion that is rife with inaccuracies.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• I could certainly see the point he was making. He made it clearly and i don't think he was completely inaccurate for the scale of factory he was talking about.
    Different story when the distiller does the blending, the barelling, the marketing and the hosing of the floor and the screwing the caps on the bottles.

She's a pretty important part of the process then, that's for sure. :!!

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Fermentation consistency is a pretty damn big deal last I checked. I agree that the aging is certainly important. Distillation is, in my opinion, the simple part once your procedure is dialed in but as @smaug said, vast oversimplifications across the board. @punkin, I can say from experience yes we are pretty important when we are the ones doing all the work while the sales kids dick around in bars

• SUBJECTIVE, but a point can be made for each detail.

If the blender never receives anything close to the same distillate to blend, he is screwed anyway.

If you're in Ireland, and the whiskey you blend comes from six distilleries, the blender may be more important, than at say Jack Daniels where you are blending batches from the same distillery.

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• I was particularly amused when the gentleman referenced "the cellar master".

• Thank goodness we're all blenders and masters and salesmen and janitors and distillers and welders and biologists and stock keepers and accountants and engineers and customer service reps and quality assurance and researchers and technologists and payroll and purchasing and delivery guys and ... yeah ... you get it.

• No doubt part of Robert's point.

• Yeah, the bank rang the other day to offer me additional services such as savings offset accounts.

I had to explain to her that all I do is spend money.
    The moment I have surplus cash lying around I'll be so overjoyed I'll be calling her!