Busy week

edited September 2015 in General

So this last week I have been a slave to the still, I've stripped 3x neutral washes 3x ujssm washes and 2 rum washes and reloaded the fermenters. I built and test ran the packed section hit azeo straight out the gate, used the lot to start the bonfire as it was only feints. Loaded neutral spirit run pulled 12L azeo, stripped still and reconfigured for UJ currently running it as I type should get around 7L hearts for the barrel. Bought 4x 100L stainless milk cans as storage/fermenter and turn one into bigger boiler. There are more if anyone is keen. Also got onto a mob who supply oak staves chip etc to the wine industry after a quick bullshit with him he slipped me a sample pack to play with I'll attach some pics for @Moonshine to deal with hopefully it's of use to others.

The cans were $125 each should able to build the new boiler for couple hungy more.

1.jpg
600 x 800 - 47K
2.jpg
600 x 800 - 48K
3.jpg
600 x 800 - 53K
4.jpg
800 x 600 - 62K

Comments

• Marketing and packaging is too fancy

• Don't worry I've got a about 15kgs of SD dominoes but the specific flavour profiles of this product i hope will fill in the gaps that SD dominoes can't. like the Vanilla, Caramels,Chocolates and Maples. It would be unjust of me not to share as the majority threads on here about ageing are based around trying to achieve a professional flavour profile and how to get the complexity in the spirits we make.We aren't making booze just to get a buzz. I look at this forum as a means to grow knowledge and learn by sharing. The very reason i bought a Dash2 in the first place was because of the info I got by people comparing the stilldragon gear to others highlighting issues and positives. Thanks for the name of the company that makes the adjuncts as I have only ever seen them referred to as SD dominoes, I can now research the manufacturer to see if they have what i need and possibly create interest in SD carrying a greater range of flavours.

• One thing i found interesting is that they offer conventional toast and an Infared Toast with the later giving a more intense flavours that take less time on the spirit

• and they chemically unlock the flavours such as vanilla, mocha to allow flavouring after only a few days

• edited September 2015

In case anyone is wondering, I've split some OT comments from this thread into a new one for not disturbing the OP's intention.

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• edited September 2015

StillDragon oak products are also toasted with different styles, some are traditional wood fire toasted, some are convection toasted, the outcome is very different.

Look here for the descriptions: The European Oak Trials

We recently talked of a customer of ours, who had his apple brandy aged with our French Oak for a professional tasting with Ulrich Zeni. Mr. Zeni did not suspect, that it was no barrel aged product that he tasted. Measured in points that brandy would have won gold medal on a competition.

We will have that brandy on the Distilling Expo in London for tasting.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• cool is there a list of available options that i could select from and order in from SD europe if Punkin doesn't want to carry additional stock??

• edited September 2015

@Punkin will certainly help you here

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area