Questions on PID's

I have a rex C700 SSR PID in my control box and was wondering if there was a Rex C700 variant that would plug and play straight in and work with 4-20ma output. I would prefer to keep the same brand to avoid having to replace the front panel. Ideally I would not need to replace it at all but I have moved houses and the garage space is not fully sealed and I can hear the clicking from my property line and that makes me paranoid! The two main output types I can find are SSR & Relay, I am guessing these will not help me?

Tagged:

Comments

• edited August 2015

Is this a 1/16 or 1/4th DIN controller?

The manual for the C700 lists the part number variations for analog output, I believe the 8th and 9th positions of the part number should contain an 8 for 4-20ma output. (page 15 - REX Manual (PDF))

Once you get into these variants, it's key to check the manufacturer site or the product manuals to see if they give you the decoder grid for the part numbers. You can find universal controllers (mostly anything as input, mostly anything as output), but they are pretty expensive in comparison to the REX.

They'll probably be much harder to find.

• I don't think this is a standard din size, my tape measure say 72x72 mm. I think I can get what I need from Ali express but I want to make sure I have the Important information. I guess all I need to ask for is 4-20ma output?

• I don't know all the details on the Rex units, but as long as the inputs and outputs match, you should be good.

Make sure your proportional valve is 4-20 as well, and not 0-20 only, since you may not be able to close 100% if so.