StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

900 Gal of Wort

4 totes filled from new local brew house that did a test run on their new 30 bbl system to season it and while waiting on their fed license... I pitched 2lb pack of red star bread yeast in each, 8 hours later, high krausen..

20150718_161223.jpg
800 x 450 - 53K
20150718_161134.jpg
800 x 600 - 60K
Tagged:

Comments

• Hauled 2 totes at a time with my nice aluminum car hauler trailer... 1st load was fine, 2nd load, 3 miles into the 10 mile trip, trailer tire fell off when pulling away from stoplight... found 4 of the lugs and fixed in 10 minutes, and said how thankful we were that it did not come off at 50 mph.... then at halfway, when slowing down, the same tire passed me down a hill in the oncoming lane at 35-40 mph... nothing like watching and praying as cars try to dodge an oncoming trailer tire that hat the snot tightened out of it, I guess the aluminum was ruined from the first incident... how, oh how on earth the tire went into a parking lot and came to a near stop before touching the side of a car and falling over, I have no clue....

I found the car owner and he agreed that the tire just brushed the dirt off the side of his fender, then put the rim back on, 100ft/lb of torque on 4 nuts, and 1000ft away, i could see it wobbling... I stopped, and nuts were completely loose... I tightened and robbed a nut from a good tire for 5, tightened to about 130ft-lb, and made it the 1 mile back to the shop.... crazy.... this whiskey will have a story....

• Oh, and the first time I did this with another brewery's 30bbl, we tried all 4 totes and bent the trailer axle to the point the tire rubbed the frame in the first 100 yards...

• edited July 2015

Can thank baby Jesus for getting away with that adventure!

Definitely have to take your time and Smith up a creative name for that batch of whiskey!

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Flat Tire?
    Oh wait. That brewery in Ft. Collins already has that one... =))

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• Naming contest?

• Rocky Road Whiskey.

• Bump and Grind Whiskey.

• Twisted Trailer Whiskey

• Lugg Nut Whisky and the slogan would be

For the Long Haul!

or it could even be

Have one for the road!

• edited July 2015

I Need a New Trailer Whiskey

Where's My Impact Driver When I Really Need It?! Whiskey

I Can't Believe It's Not Bread! Whiskey

Our Red Star Is Not a Communist Symbol Whiskey

Wandering Wheel Whiskey

Duck & Cover - They're Bringing Home a New Batch Whiskey

Dodge

• Loose Nuts Whiskey.

Loose Screw Whiskey.

I Swear I Tightened These Fuckers Down Whiskey

• edited July 2015

BTW - I believe this trailer story is fiction anyway...

There are no hills in Florida. ;)

• Max Torque Or Free Wheeler

• @solarpowerscott said: Perilous Journey

I really like it. 8-}

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin said: 8-}

+1 Talk about the label design for a bit.

The rest of you please continue cuz this is the coolest part about the internet....imo.

• Background perhaps?

journey.jpg
    800 x 450 - 87K
  • Trailer Trash Whiskey

"For the man who don't care where his nuts get buried"

• edited July 2015

You are talking about more than a ton per tote, once you factor in the tote weight even not topped off you are still talking a full ton. Two totes is probably beyond the capacity of a single axle utility trailer, maybe even a lightweight two axel. Hell, even 1 full tote is probably more than the el-cheepo trailers can do. 4 totes is heavier than a GMC Suburban or Escalade. What were you trying to tow the 4 totes with? Hopefully an F350 super duty, otherwise you were probably pulling wheelies!. :)

• @Anavrin said: Trailer Trash Whiskey

"For the man who don't care where his nuts get buried"

Oh you're good!

• Damn 4 totes is more like an Escalade with a Hyundai Accent on top of it for good measure.

• edited July 2015

trailer.jpg
    640 x 384 - 45K

• edited July 2015

Probably cheaper to buy a mash tun from Smaug than that fancy rig.

• Can rent that trailer.

• it is a brand new, aluminum dual axle car hauler trailer... 2 3500lb axles with brakes on each axle... I set the trailer brake controller so the trailer stops the jeep ;-)

trailer.jpg
    800 x 450 - 67K
  • edited July 2015

Thought the 2 doors were only good to 2,000. My old Wrangler couldn't even tow half that, sure as hell not with mud boggers like that (I ran 31x10.50 BFG MT's, but only because I didn't want to lift).

• No tongue weight at the moment. It's all over the axles.

I figger the jeep is not having fun though.

• I know a rental store with one of those drop bed trailers ... it's really one of the best thing the equipment rental store ever did ... much easier to load and is safer for the equipment

• edited July 2015

@FullySilenced said: I know a rental store with one of those drop bed trailers ... it's really one of the best thing the equipment rental store ever did ... much easier to load and is safer for the equipment

Locksmiths use em all the time for moving safes.

• Actually, the trailer brake controller does all the work, it is a dream to drive... I have the trailer stop the jeep.... stops better than the jeep does by itself, actually... and that was first batch 6 months ago... the boggers are in the shop, it is on 36x14.5-15 Dick Cepek FC radials and 5.13 gears

I had the option of the same trailer with 10k rating and 5500lb axles for only a couple hundred more, and kicking myself now...

need to sell a couple thousand bottles of product to buy a tow vehicle that can tow the jeep on the trailer ;-)