StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

NZ Here We Come!

Got my voluntary redundancy from work yesterday. We're moving to the Wairarapa area in NZ, will be there around 8~10th July. Can't wait to be stilling legally for the first time DA:O . Got some plans happening and some good future larger builds!
Cheers

Tagged:

Comments

• [-( And here I am stuck in UAE. ;) Good luck and keep in touch.

• "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• @Smaug said: "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

Sure wish we were

• So I'm jealous. Do you hunt and fish? That country is a hill billy's dream.

• @Myles your a plane flight away he may need a hand unpacking LOL

• This guy has some great vids, mostly south island though.
    I'll be back in a year or two.

• NZ must be a really cool place to live. Are there any downsides to this country? Serious question.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• edited June 2015

Full of Kiwis? :))

They bash us up in the Rugby Union?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIRbRRyqZbM

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• wouldn't live anywhere else, bloody cold at the moment though :)

• make sure you pack the gum boots & velcro gloves ;-)

• Lots of Hobbits down there - so I'm told..

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited June 2015

• @Sunshine said: NZ must be a really cool place to live. Are there any downsides to this country? Serious question.

Little work with low pay??
    Same reasons 75% of New Zealanders don't live there I guess. Ask one, there not hard to find :)

• @Kapea said: These are not hobbits:

No they are the bastards that keep bashing us up.
    Best union team in the world and we Aussies hate not being the best in the world at something we try hard to do.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited June 2015

Thanks fellas, lol @Myles. yeah @Smaug can't wait!, I'm not to worried about it here but its always in the back of your mind that we can get busted for doing something we love, bastards!. I fish Jackson, dont.hunt, my goal is to get my first kingfish, a big one hopefully lol. Thanks for the link!. What @punkin said @Sunshine lol, plus there wages are shit!, but there economy is bouncing back by the look of it, there seems to be more work there too from.the research I've been doing. Where are you based gee?. that is so true @punkin!!!!!!.

• Wellington, about 1 hours drive from the Wairarapa , well the southern end of it anyway. Where abouts in the Wairarapa are you headed? The economy here is doing well, unemployment rate pretty much on par with Oz. Dont know anyone who is unemployed, except those that want to be ;)

• Gee Gooman, ya gonna be free n legal, dammit I am jealous, can I come vist for a while? :-bd

• edited June 2015

Cool @Gee, I'll be in upper Hutt for a week or two baby sitting the inlaws place till we find a house. Trying to be based around greytown, the missus will be opening an aromatherapy business and looks like a good area for yuppies driving through on the weekends lol, plus we love that area!. Good to know about the jobs there!. Yeah @captainshooch gunna be good, only thing that will hold.net back from a full blown small home distillery will be $ lol. You can visit any time ;-).

• edited June 2015

Just tell em all you are @googe. Pretty sure they'll roll out the red carpet for your distillery plans.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited June 2015

Nah @Smaug, more like piss off Aussie lol.

• @Gee said: Wellington, about 1 hours drive from the Wairarapa , well the southern end of it anyway. Where abouts in the Wairarapa are you headed? The economy here is doing well, unemployment rate pretty much on par with Oz. Dont know anyone who is unemployed, except those that want to be ;)

Wellington is my home town and I used to ride the motorbike a lot in the Wairarapa :p

I was back over easter and I have no reason to go back, salary wise I am on double the money here and would have to be in Auckland to get even close

If your there for the right reasons then its all good but its a very small place

Have fun :)

• edited June 2015

@punkin said: No they are the bastards that keep bashing us up. Best union team in the world and we Aussies hate not being the best in the world at something we try hard to do.

You just need to work on your haka. You gotta scare the shit outta the other tribe before the fighting starts.

@Clickeral said: If your there for the right reasons then its all good but its a very small place

Looks pretty big from where I'm sitting!

• @googe: Welcome bro - can never have too many classy people on the team.

• Choice choice Cuz

• Thanks fellas, landed last night, freezing cold and raining lol. I'm a legal distiller now :D

• Hahahaha nice one googe. All the best over there.

• Raining - why do you think they call the place - Land of the long white cloud.

• 'cause the place is full of stoners? :-?

• @jacksonbrown - That's why I am escaping to the civilised south.
    They'll steal anything for the next tok

• edited July 2015

image.jpg
    481 x 476 - 48K