StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

MY SD Build - Open for discussion!

2»

Comments

• edited April 2015

@TheMechWarrior How would you recommend disabling procap plates? This is certainly an option if I can figure out the right way to do it!

• With this valve positioning, how do you prevent puking into the plated part while stripping?

• edited April 2015

Vapor is going to take the path of least resistance. On startup, you are going to have a little passive reflux load the plates, which would require some pressure to overcome (sub 1psig, but pressure nonetheless). Vapor is going to want to go through the bypass, until the bypass presents enough restriction (unlikely).

You can play a fun game with this. Reflux and stack heads in the column. Then bypass the column to run as a pot still.

You might be able to "capture" your heads fractions in the trays. Realistically though, probably not a big deal.

• edited April 2015

@Unsensibel What's puking??... Joking :) I use @punkin's anti foam and have never once had this happen, I would highly recommend this product.

• @vooharmy, don't forget to extend the condensate return leg to below your boiler liquid level, or it simply won't work.

• @grim said: You might be able to "capture" your heads fractions in the trays. Realistically though, probably not a big deal.

and then dump them into the backset... brilliant... I am going to try this....

• @vooharmy - I use the stuff from BrewHaus. No issues with sugar based washes but I did run an all-grain where I didn't pay attention and it went up to the 3rd plate before I noticed