Down Comers Upside Down

Hello All, I ran my first batch through of birdwatchers and I was using 2 bubble cap plates and average 88%. When I was cleaning the plates I realized that I had installed the down comers upside down. The wash started off at 12% and I produced about 3.5 litres of 88%, what would 2 plates normally do in % if installed right?

I guess I should not assemble this late at night! Lots of learning for this Newb!

Comments

• I ran my first run on 4 plates with the downcomers upside down... ran fine until I pushed it and flooded and had to turn it off and restart... then I read the manual a little bit more, and saw pictures to realize I put them in upside down... it was just the result of not really knowing how they worked... don't feel bad, you actually were just using it as a couple thumpers

• edited April 2015

That is an easy mistake to make!

You have to be sure that you use Australian downcomers in the southern hemisphere and American or Austrian downcomers in the northern hemisphere. If you get them switched around you might install them upside down.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited April 2015

@Kapea said: That is an easy mistake to make!

You have to be sure that you use Australian downcomers in the southern hemisphere and American or Austrian downcomers in the northern hemisphere. If you get them switched around you might install them upside down.

Let me qualify that by saying hahaha.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• You can say that again!

• @Kapea - and while you're at it, try the Japanese guacamole that they serve with with sushi...

• edited April 2015

I get the real deal fresh here - not the green colored horseradish paste they try to pass off as Japanese guacamole on the mainland. ;)

Thinking about antipodes and the Coriolis Effect makes my teeth itch...

• @JettFuel said: I produced about 3.5 litres of 88%, what would 2 plates normally do in % if installed right?

That would be interesting if it produced lower.