StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

2015 ADI in Louisville, Kentucky

2»

Comments

• @Smaug said: Here is their cute little recipe development still.

Quite nice but I reckon it's very, very,,,,, very dear.

To your point, I don't see anything in those pictures that looks cheap......

• I don't think he said cheap or low priced or even cost effective... what's your point :((

• $47M spent on that place according to multiple sources. On our Monday tour, I heard the guy running the bottling line tell a well know distiller that they turned off the cap inserted and did it by hand because it sucked...

• @FullySilenced said: I don't think he said cheap or low priced or even cost effective... what's your point :((

I interpreted "dear" to be expensive.

That was my point.

• @Moonshine said: Maybe we should co-host an ADI StillDragon® Community Forum Booth together with StillDragon North America next year and make it a big bad StillDragon® Community Event? :-bd

Wishful thinking & pretty much impossible with ADI membership price tag attached... Except Smaug gets a load of free invites for the crowd...

Actually, we are running a idea through the legal department to try and get an SD hospitality kyosk. We would partner with some of our SD strategic partners and have a sampling station set up with spirits made with SD Equipment. This year we were able to let a few folks try some of Sherwood Spirits gin to help them understand what can be achieved with the GB4. Was eye opening for the folks inquiring.

As an aside, even though Davin won a medal for his vodka, he could have easily won a medal in the gin category by anyone's standard.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• I know I sound like a stuck record, but does anybody know where next year's conference is going to be held?

"Bueller? Bueller?"

I can tell you first hand that GB4 is an amazing piece of equipment, and well worth the investment.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• Maybe San Diego.

• @Smaug said: Maybe San Diego.

All right! That'll work. I can swim there from here. :D

Does San Diego have a local distilling community that can support an ADI conference?

• The state of California is ramping up fast. Don't quote me on the San Diego location yet.

• I would guess Denver or SD... I am fine with either... going to SD in June for 10 days...

• edited April 2015

Spent many an October at the GABF in Denver. A great town to party in! It's particularly fun if the Rockies make it to the playoffs. That'll work just fine if it's not San Diego.

• daddad
    edited April 2015

I also heard San Diego...several times.

So, as promised I'll deal out a photo...

Derby City Spirits, in Louisville, KY...

Kit look familiar?

Jeezzz...couldn't get a fermenter in there?

Derby Distillery.jpg
    800 x 600 - 116K
    Derby CU.jpg
    600 x 800 - 125K

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• Parrot makes a nice hose holder... :>