StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Just saying hello

I'm on all the usual forums but rarely post I'm just a man of few words. I do however enjoy reading. I don't have a SD Still but there are allot of SD parts on it.

Cheers, M

Comments

• @gr8brew said: ..... I don't have a SD Still but there are allot of SD parts on it.

Thanks for that comment, it makes me proud!

Welcome here and please post often. Show us your still.

• @gr8brew, welcome again, please feel at home here, post pictures and post often, we all love pictures. :)

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Welcome mate. You'd be surprised how many stills around the world use the odd SD part ;)

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Thanks for popping in gr8brew

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited June 2013

Here she is as you can see there is allot of SD parts here and there is going to be more really soon. I am going to cut her up and put 10 ferrules on her. My original plan was to disable 2 plates for whisky and rum by removing one bubble cap per plate well that didn't work to my satisfaction the plates still worked a bit.

First pic she is mounted on R2D2

Second pic is R2D2 making strike water for single malt. R2 has a 1 5500w element and 2 4500w elements running on 120v

2013-01-21_14.06.43.jpg
    478 x 800 - 108K
    2013-02-07_09.40.56.jpg
    478 x 800 - 98K
  • Nice setup! Sd parts have helped me build most of my latest buids,they have turned out awesome

It is what you make it!

• Nice set up mate! I'm a bit partial to copper columns. Love the work. Dunder pump and all!

• I didn't realize your boiler was set up so nicely. Seems like it would be a real pleasure to work with.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• @Smaug said: I didn't realize your boiler was set up so nicely. Seems like it would be a real pleasure to work with.

Amen to that, all lovely and that boiler seems to fit right into gr8brew's lair/man cave.

• Thanks fellas. A good pump saves allot of lifting and messy spilling. Perhaps SD should produce a mag-drive pump.

Pump Uses

1. Hot Water transfer for mashing grains and wash production. Including sparging and re-circulation of mash liquid
    2. Moving fermented product to the boiler.
    3. Removing waste from the boiler.
    4. My favorite is CIP of my boiler and fermenters. Pop a sprayball in spin some caustic or buffered alkaline cleaner and she is spotless including the elements.
  • @gr8brew said: ....A good pump saves allot of lifting and messy spilling. Perhaps SD should produce a mag-drive pump....

You are the second person in as many weeks to suggest that. I'll look into it after I return from our 2 week vacation (won't leave for at least 3 to 4 weeks), so remind me after then.
    I know squat about pumps and electrics so its a learning curve for me unless I can hook up with someone with experience in pumps destined to ship to any corner of the world using different voltages and Hertz and stuff.

You should really tell us simple folks how to use the caustic or buffered alkaline cleaner. It's a great idea that most of us (me especially) want to try but don't really know much about.

Mop and hot soapy water when I have a problem kinda guy.

• @gr8brew - nice setup mate. Love the legs/wheels on the boiler.

Off topic comment : @Lloyd, checkout March pumps - they are the home brewers pump of choice (models 809 & 815 from memory). I have moved a lot of liquid with mine......

Then again a lot of guys in Oz have bought cheaper pumps (I think they were known as Brown pumps.... search AussieHomeBrewer)

Now back to our regular program: @gr8brew, yeah tell us about this buffered alkaline cleaner.......

Oh - welcome too this corner of the ether!!

• Nice setup gr8 ... welcome to this community !

How many liter is your boiler ?

M.