StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Does anyone have a HAACP plan prepared for a distillery that they could share with me?

I am required to produce a HAACP plan and "any other pre-requisite plans" for the distillery as part of my facility licensing. I CAN get the forms and have a bunch of tutorials on how to do the thing so I can produce this from scratch if needed but I'm sure it will greatly speed up the process if I had one to work off of and perhaps prevent any rejections or re-do's.

As for a pre-requisite plan, I'm not sure THEY even know what I need, but I reckon that a safety plan might be in order, or maybe some sort of flammable liquid handling plan? I dont know, but if you do please share any information you may have, otherwise I'll depend heavily on the "baffle them with bullshit" plan as most of the government is just going thru the motions anyway.

SO, if you have possession of such a thing, or know how to get a hold of one you could copy and send, it would be GREATLY appreciated by me. It'd be at least worth a couple of bottles of my finest if you ever get to Fiji.

Cheers!! Steve

Comments

• still could use help here. does anyone know anyone who would have one?

• Perhaps ask the question on ADI, that may reach your largest potential audience. It may be that people are unwilling to give away what they have paid for when you ask there though.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited February 2014

Here are some helpful links for those in the future... AND BEYOND! lol

Still cant find anything dedicated yet but these have some flow charts and hazards and steps that could be useful for those putting a plan together.

Word to the wise, if it can be avoided don't call a step a CCP thus giving yourself a HACCP plan with no CCP's.

• Some good info there Fiji. Thanks for sharing your finds

• edited February 2014

forgot, I finally got everything together and used this free program to put all the info into the proper forms.

HACCP Wizard 2.0

requires the use of microsoft word to even start. but once it's going the product is good and the process takes only about two hours all said.

These Standard operating procedures given here: HACCP - Based Standard Operating Procedures have all sorts of processes and you can modify them for your own situation.

The above links contain process flow diagrams that you need for the HACCP plan and the rest is pretty simple. I did find that my months of reading and searching helped a great deal in understanding what was needed.

• Thanks for updating FS, the info should help anyone searching for the process in the future. Too many people don't bother with a resolution once they have found their answers, i know i have been guilty in the past.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• I do it too, but on a project like this where there was next to NO info in this community, i feel it's important to help the next guy and hope that someone will benefit from my effort beside me. that is how we evolve isnt it!!

• well after many months of work and a few months of "cool off period" we added some additional items to our pre prequisite programs and tweaked the HACCP plan to the recommended changes by the ministry of Health.

AND TODAY WE GOT ISSUED A HEALTH LICENSE!!

Huge deal, as this is the FIRST HACCP plan for a distillery EVER approved in Fiji, and will be only the SECOND operational distillery in fiji.

oh, and I beat a dirtbag in court today too.

So,it was a good day today.

• Congratulations, @Fiji_Spirits! :-bd

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Wtg Steve.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• You beat all odds and made it happen. That is success. I applaud you, sir ^:)^
    Now get back to work! Its just starting for you.

• Congratulations!!!

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Way to Go Fuji Congrats on getting it done...

Happy Stillin,

FS

• well, I havent beaten all the odds yet. we still have one more agency to deal with..that tax man. they will have a slew of requirements among which is a 130,000 CASH BOND and some license fees for an excise factory and excise warehouse. they completed thier inspection and got the report done couple of weeks ago, so that remains.

The law says they "shall issue" a lisence upon payment of fees so thats somecomfort, but they can and do impose some requirements, which remain vague.

So for now I will have to be content with accomplishing TWO firsts in Fiji in the last six months and continue to plug away at this thing looking for investors.

Incidently my search for investors has heated up! My initial offering of 1% for $5k has already increased to $50k in value! a distillery lisence in Fiji is a very valuable thing!

• Hi Congrats on getting it done.

It seems the links for resources you posted don't work anymore. Is there any help you can provide me 9 years later lol

• Hey @fijispirits. I was wondering what happened to you mate. Good luck with the license mate. I would spring some money but I am flat out working to get my distillery over the line here.

• @DonMateo said: Hey fijispirits. I was wondering what happened to you mate. Good luck with the license mate. I would spring some money but I am flat out working to get my distillery over the line here.

That post is 9 years old Don.

• @DonMateo said: Hey fijispirits. I was wondering what happened to you mate. Good luck with the license mate. I would spring some money but I am flat out working to get my distillery over the line here.

I’m still around. Back in USA for a while working outside the industry. Been wanting to get back into it at some point, who knows.

I actually had been giving some thought to quitting my job and looking for a distiller position somewhere.

Thanks for asking tho. Glad to see you finally getting things moving. Looks a lot like Fiji style but sounds a lot harder to get the equipment in.

• @HACCP_man said: Hi Congrats on getting it done.

It seems the links for resources you posted don't work anymore. Is there any help you can provide me 9 years later lol

Sorry can’t help much. The haccp program linked above still works and you will only need to look up the PRP prerequisite programs to support it. Iirc those plans would be pest control, sanitary practices, raw materials storage and that sort of thing.