StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Stock Arrival

Comments

• Ok all stock has arrived, the downcomers and associated plates and tees are back up on the site.

I'm still unpacking and should have everything checked off and some stock updates done today, the new stuff will slowly filter onto the site over the weekend hopefully. The limited numbers of sight towers i ordered are selling fast, i have some still in 3" and 4".

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• I just ordered 5kg of some vanillin dominoes. Im keen to do a big batch of Single malt soon and want to experiment too

Is it Japanese oak?

• Chinese oak i bet.. :((

• It's American Oak, it's just processed in a completely different (no they wouldn't tell me) way than the regular dominoes.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• I've had a couple of 5 kg orders overnight too, there may be none left of this, i'll update later today. It was never listed on site and only available to StillDragon.org members :O)

• Funnels are now up on the site, both the copper ferrules and the funnels have come in at significant lower prices than i expected and i have been able to pass those savings on.

http://www.stilldragon.com.au/funnel-stainless-set-of-3-with-filters/

• edited February 2014

All orders finally filled for today leaves one or possibly two kilos of the vannilla dominoes left only.

Been a busy couple of days.

Jonnos dominoes shipped if @fadge has placed his order i've missed the connection tween name and moniker. :-&

I have some 1/2" copper 180 bends here, i must have ordered them for someone specially, but the email is lost in the mists of 2013.

If they are yours please contact me.

• You beauty @Punkin I plan on doing a run on Monday so I'll start posting up some info in that thread between 3 of your different types of domino

• Hi punkin, are there any issues (real and/or customs related/ biosecurity etc.) with shipping oak dominoes to NZ? Cheers j.

• I've avoided it so far mate, but i'll do a bit of research. If i have to provide evidence that there's no bugs etc it's too hard.

• In contact with Dept Primary Industries in NZ now, should have a resolution one way or the other over the next day or so.

• @punkin said: I've avoided it so far mate, but i'll do a bit of research. If i have to provide evidence that there's no bugs etc it's too hard.

Could they be sterilized in a pressure cooker/autoclave? That should kill anything. What a pain to have to do. I imagine still having to "prove" to them that they are sterile may be a lot of red tape.

Ya think high temps like that would alter the physical properties of the dominos?

• I think that i may have to only make a declaration to say they were heat treated just before despatch..cough..surewas...cough... and that may be enough, i'm waiting still to hear back.

• edited February 2014

Looks like it's all too hard, each customer would have to apply for an importers licence and then import them from me...

Hi Garry, Thank you for this information.

You will need a permit to import these wood staves into New Zealand, as per the requirements of the import health standard for Sawdust, Wood Chips, Wood Shavings, and Wood Wool (http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/files/ihs/sawdust.pdf).

These products not covered by this standard, but are equivalent to this standard, and therefore we will need to document this equivalence as part of the permit process. We will require the minimum heat treatment duration as part of this process.

The application form is available from http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/forms/imports-forest-product - note that permits are issued to importers (not exporters), and that we need a New Zealand address to be listed on the Permit.

If I can be of any further assistance please contact me.

Kind regards,

• 2 single kilos of the vannilla dominoes left. I have had 4 or 5 in a 4l jar with 4 or 5 heavy toast sticks for three days and the vannilla that's come out is incredible.

I had my doubts when i saw them, but these things look like being pretty special.

• Ill grab the 2kgs if you still got them.

• All spoken for now, your welcome to them Mickey. Just put an order through the store and a note in there to say you want the vanilla.

• i have a couple of 2" x 1.5" reducers back in stock for the customer who was waiting for them, also the new stock of 2" gaskets are here. 3/4 endcaps and element adapters as well.

• Boiler order going in today.

The onion boilers will now come to Australia with a minimum 6" still port. These can easily be reduced down and can be supplied standard with a 6x4 short endcap reducer.

This way if you wish to put a five or six inch unit on top of your boiler there will be no restrictions.

If anyone wants other mods, now is the time to speak up, i can easily order one with gas skirt and drains, or any other mods like extra element ports over the standard 3, slanted port on top for later addition of an agitator etc is all easy and cheap to do now, but hard and expensive to do later.

If you wish to reserve a boiler please email of PM me to find out how you can do that. The 200's were sold within a day of landing here last time and never made it to the website.

At this stage i am ordering 120l and 200l jobbies unless requested for any other size.

• edited March 2014

I'm good. I think I have all the SD catalogue now :P

• @punkin How do I secure a 120 lt boiler mate.

• Just send me an email with boiler as the title mate outlining any custom fittings you need on it. Bear in mind that as standard they will have two inch bottom port, 3 x two inch element ports, two inch sightglass, 8 inch manway with proper hinged manway door and stainless spindown handles instead of a hot endcap and clamp that'll take your toe off if it falls on your foot, 2 x two inch ports on top and a 6" still mount with 4"short reducer as standard.

All these ports come with endcap, gasket and clamp, there's a spare manway seal and spare sightglass and seal.

• I need some input from those who may already be or are thinking of ordering an onion boiler. Lloyd has alerted me to the possibility of ordering these in a lowline configuration. This would mean there was only 125mm from the bottom of the boiler to the floor on the 120l, so it will only just fit a drain underneath. This is about half of the standard clearance.

Obviously this configuration can be raised on blocks for those who want to be able to use a bucket rather than a hose to drain, but the benefits are there for those who lack height in their still room and it could mean an extra tee or two are possible?

Just after some input as to which would be preferable.

• If I were going to purchase an onion boiler, I'd definitely go for one with a lower centre of gravity.

from a safety point of view, I wouldn't have as far to fall from the step ladder, and I stack more SD gear on top :D

• edited March 2014

@punkin, do you know what the heights are of the 2 types of 120L boilers mate?

Thanks

• ok Im more awake atm just reread your post 125 mm clearance would be to short. I would like to do something simerler to what Lloyd has done with his and have a 2 inch tricalm valve under it.

• There is room for the valve, but only just. I'll order a couple of each.

• the drain valve on my modified keg is maybe 150mm from the floor when I sit my keg on bricks..... no issue hooking up a pump to drain it

• I have just listed a large size DIY boxed kit on the site. Kit is the same as the standard kit but has a very large box able to accommodate fans, displays and switches etc (not supplied).

http://www.stilldragon.com.au/diy-controller-kit-large-box/

The kit is cheaper than some of the large boxes i shopped for a few weeks ago for another project. ;))

• edited June 2014

Couple of announcements today, i'll start with the bad news.

Due to the biggest ever run on SD 4" parts this month, I have almost run out of 4" bubbletees. I have some TW ones, some 4x4x2 ones and lots of the unpopular screw on lens ones. Plenty of Crystal Dragon (edit, just checked the CD and they will be out of stock for a couple weeks too) i think. Unfortunately i have only 3 regular bubbletees left after breaking into a full box of them just last week. Apologies, but the demand has by far exceeded expectations the last few months and a lot of 4" units have been dispatched all around Australia and New Zealand.

Edit, the bubbleplates in 4" have also virtually run out. Apologies once again, but over 50 complete 4" tees have shipped in the last 4 weeks and that was completely unexpected. I do have plenty of sieve plates.

The good news is that the next sea freight left China last week and will be here in a few weeks. Fingers crossed it doesn't take to long to clear customs and get shipped to me.

This means that my next sea freight order is now open, so anyone wanting anything that is either not listed or is listed out of stock, now is the time to contact me. I am bumping my sea freight up to either monthly or bimonthly to try and smooth out the stock levels and respond to customer demand quicker. This means things like custom boilers etc will be done in a shorter time frame which will be good news for the big breweries i'm dealing with.

In other news i left a bunch of black polarfleece beanies with the embroiderers today, so StillDragon Australia Beanies will be available in a week or two. They will feature the Tribal Sd logo and the web address.

Just a trial run to see how they go and if they are popular they will be a regular winter time special along with bucket hats in the summer. They will be subsdised so they are affordable (the embroidery is not affordable in small quantities) and will be listed on the site for $15 each when available.

If anyone really wants one send me an email or PM and i will reserve one. There are eleven left unreserved.

stilldragonAU.jpg
    400 x 389 - 35K