StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Has anyone tried a sweet corn wash?

edited January 2014 in Recipes

Was just wondering if anybody tried sweet corn.
I was thinking @Smaug might have after some of the stuff I hear he tried.
:)>-
We usually have a lot left over in the summer that just gets mowed down and tilled in the ground. Might have a good use for it if anyone has tried it and has some good info.
So just thought I would ask.
thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• I add 4 lbs/1.8 kg to every other ferment in my UJ ferments ! I do 12 gal/45 l batches and use 16 lbs/7 kg off corn witch 25% is sweet corn,after every other batch scoop out half the corn add 4 lbs/1.8 kg frozen sweet corn, and about 4 lbs/1.8 kg and about the same of cracked corn!

thinking on trying to up the sweet corn to about 1/2 and see how it changes!

It is what you make it!

• I was thinking about cooking a few dozen ears then creaming it and adding it to the water it was cooked in. Then checking the SG. Then maybe adding some sugar if it needs a little boost. So it would be 100% sweet corn. Am just wondering if any one has tried something like that.

• Heck open a few cans of creamed corn.... that might work.... dang mash potato's sound good too... :(( and here i am on a lo carb diet...

• Thanks @punkin I was looking for a few days for something like that. I think I'll give that a try this summer when the sweet corn is plentiful.

• Not me but I hear by a well known retired shiner that an all grain sweet corn mash is the best drop you will ever taste.

• I use 2kg (4lb) frozen sweetcorn, simmered in minimal water and 1/2 t baking soda in a 6L slow cooker on low setting for 6 to 8 hours. Brings out the corn flavour nicely in a UJSSM or a full AG conversion (using malted barley, malted rye and/or malted wheat).

• Slow cook/crock pot sounds like a good idea.