StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Congratulations to all the "Pro" operators that are taking or have taken the leap

WTG Mid-Best Distillery.

Best of luck moving forward

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

Comments

• Congrats Mid-best luck to you

It is what you make it!

• Thanks guys. Not open yet. I will let everyone know when I am. If you can come to Gravois Mills, stop by.

• edited May 2013

Welcome to Napa Valley Distillery. Robert built his own boiler.

Napa Valley Distillery.JPG
    480 x 640 - 73K

• edited May 2013

Robert at work

ROBERTO_the_craftsman.jpg
    560 x 800 - 97K

• Nice lookin boiler Robert,waiting to see the big guns,and welcome

It is what you make it!

• Outstanding Robert. Just approved to move forward to be Alabama's first legal distillery... SO I already have a dash 2 in 4" and a 200 liter boiler and am going to order another with a 380 and an agitator.. Hoping to make a big splash so to speak down here on the gulf.. Anyway talk to you guys soon..

• edited September 2013

Everybody say hello to Dustin down here at Citrus Distillers in Riviera Beach Florida

He is multi-tasking at the moment....He is getting ready to scrub this system down and also waiting for his label approval.

Good luck Dustin and thank you.

Dustin from Citrus Distillers.jpg
    800 x 600 - 57K

• edited September 2013

Hi dustin and welcome. Brilliant looking system, 10 four inch plates on a 500l boiler?

Certainly a step up from that potstill there :D/

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited September 2013

That's a 380 Punkin. And he is planning on another for stripping.

Florida is finally starting to get the same kind of movement as some of the other states.....yay.

• Amazing Guys! I have a friend who works for a distillery and is going through the steps for opening his own in Alaska. Im told I will be part of it. Sounds like a Dream.

• Definitely AWESOME! Is Dustin already a member in our community? Wondering how long it will take him to lust for 8".

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• these images just make me so much more motivated to get the shed up and running nice work guys

• HAWK, we missed you ... glad you popped back onto the radar screen...

• Thanks FS. Almost done with the tourism season, Ill be back on more after this week.

• Thanks for all the great comments, were excited to be members now!

• @citrusdistillers sure would like to come by and ck out ur place, I am in crystal river, fl...not too far and always lookng to share/gain from locals. I am contemplating the legal route...if i come into some extra muhla!! :-)

• @citrusdistillers, what you designed with SD parts is amazing. I'm jealous of your ceiling height and electrical power. I enjoy neither.

A 4" super dephlegmator is on the drawing board to help accommodate so many plates but that solution is months away from being ready to order from your distributor. In the meantime you can gang two together if you feel the need and also replace one of those 2"x20"(510mm) TC pipe sections with another shotgun condenser for greater knockdown power to help save cooling water.

What works OK for 4 to 6 plates and relative low power with a smallish boiler may need to be beefed up for a super rig like yours. You will be putting in how many watts during the collection? I'm guessing about 5 kW? After everything is stabilized and (with an uninsulated column) the dephlegmator may need to cope with about 4500 watts - just guessing on the passive reflux/heat loss of the column before the vapors reach the condenser. Even with copper mesh packing in the pipes I'm not sure the reflux condenser can keep up with that input power without excessive cooling water flow.

PLEASE, give us run feedback on this configuration. It is a Dash 4 or something. Completely blows past a Dash 1 or Dash 2. Or a Dash 3 if there was one.
    At the very least it is a Dash CitrusDistiller :)

Outstanding. I just can't help but to come back to look at the picture from time to time and, with your permission, would like to post it to the USA sales website as a "configuration".

• edited September 2013

This here is the Black Coral Rum distillery. Owner/Master Distiller Ben Etheridge is a top notch fabricator and built his entire plant pretty much single handed,,,,500 gallon boiler and fire skirt too... He did use some of our StillDragon bubble caps for his 12" diameter / 7 plated column assembly and also some other various bits to help move his project along.....He has also finally got his label approval. Ben's distillery smells amazing..It is rum heaven. I can't wait to try his product.

Best wishes from the StillDragon team moving forward Ben.

Black_Coral_Rums_Distillery.jpg
    600 x 818 - 63K

• that is awesome amazing work Ben love the dog

• love the still!, makes me wish even more I owned my own distillery

• edited November 2013

A nice gift from the good folks at High Ridge Spirits,,,,,Alabama's first legal distillery since prohibition.

High Ridge Spirits.jpg
    800 x 600 - 55K

• Looks like High Ridge beat me to being the First. Good Luck Would love to come and see you guys. I am in Baldwin County so not to far. I Now have my 8 inch and 380. looking to change that to a 500 rather than a 380..

• edited November 2013

Ozark Distillery with our home made 60 gallon jacketed boiler and our new 380ltr StillDragon boiler both sporting 6" columns

Ozark Distillery.jpg
    800 x 597 - 89K
  • Great looking rigs mate.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited December 2013

A nice little shout out about Smokey Quarts Distillery

Spirited family opening microdistillery in Seabrook

smoky_quartz.jpg
    640 x 375 - 62K

• edited December 2013
    bill_candella.jpg
    461 x 449 - 30K

• Status update... 2014... lots of things done in 2013, but still a ways to go... we have 'mercantile occupancy' permit for the front 800sqft of our building, contractor has plans into the city to remodel the space(ADA bathrooms, floor drains, etc... drawing attached), waiting for that to get approved before trying to get the city zoning to sign off on the DSP application to allow us distilling as an incidental occupancy to the mercantile occupancy(gift shop). all the breweries around us are brewing as an incidental use to their assembly occupancy(bar), so should not be an issue if we stay under the MAQ's(max allowed quantities) for the occupancy.... once we are up and running on the tiny system, I will work on getting sprinklers installed ($30k) and getting approval to put in a system like red door, probably using totes for mash and stripping, and a 380L SD boiler for spirit runs, and the tiny system for small boutique runs and R&D (we are in a touristy area) have the SD stuff in the front room for visitors and friends... all shined up and in the limbo land where I make sure that I don't do anything illegal while applying for the permit...

cothermandistilling_front_room.jpg
    600 x 803 - 129K
    cothermandistilling_floorplan.png
    2995 x 1658 - 295K
  • Looks great. Good to see you moving forward.

• Go man go.

• @CothermanDistilling plus 1 on what Smaug said!!! Gonna have to come see u one day, we'll have some gyros and talk stilling stuff. U r only 1 hr away and I do feel the need for some good ole greek food :D