StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Stock Arrival

Comments

• @punkin said: I am having a problem with my store atm that is causing all paypal customers to receive multiple emails. My apologies for this and i have my provider searching for a solution (it's widespread across a lot of their sites) but at the moment it relies on me manually moving your orders from the abandoned cart area to the awaiting shipment area. Good times to be making paypal orders are in the mornings or early afternoons so i can be alert to any notifications.

We're trying to get it cleaned up as soon as possible.

They have applied a fix that seems to be working, apologies to those who received multiple confirmation emails over the past few days.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Antifoam back in stock after a couple weeks trouble getting resupplied. I definately didn't want a 200 sheng drum of it :))

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• The next sea freight order should be here in 3-4 weeks. The 6" and 8" Dashes are listed as complete units now ready to ship when the freight lands, the 4" Crystal Dragons will be back in stock then.

I will have a few new products including sets of three stainless funnels. There will only be twenty sets so keep an eye out for them as they will go quickly.

There's half a dozen Milk Can boilers as requested and these may be a regular stock item if the demand is there. In the meantime i have got another shipment of kegs for the Stage 1 and 2 keg boilers. These have proved pretty popular with quite a few shipped round the country now.

I'll have sight towers in 3" and 4" for those that asked for them, 4 of each only though.

• Are there any 2" sight towers in this sea freight order @Punkin?

I reckon a 20" Sight Glass Kit x 3' High would make a fantastic fermenter. But with record lately of breaking 3x hydrometers in 2 days, is probably not a good idea for me (:|

• I thought i had ordered them mate, but looking at the shipment i think i've overlooked them :-O

I'mABadManPunkin

• Lol all good @punkin. It was only a "nice to have" item for some experimentation. Can you include 1x for me on your next order please?

• Any word on the funnels what sizes and a price?

• @punkin does have a few 2" sight towers coming with his next sea freight, due to arrive in a couple of weeks.

• @Lloyd said: punkin does have a few 2" sight towers coming with his next sea freight, due to arrive in a couple of weeks.

Sweet :)

• I did think i'd ordered them, but couldn't see them on the spreadsheet. Good stuff. There are not many of any size.

• edited February 2014

New shipment is due in next week. There are a limited number of milk can boilers. These will retail bare for $440 plus shipping. There are a few of the boiler stands as well they will be $170.

Please let me know if you would like to reserve one of these, especially the stands as there are not enough to go round.

New stocks of downcomers that i ran out of this week will be arriving so for those waiting for complete units and for bubbletees the shipping will start towards the end of next week all going to plan.

There are a very small number of the copper ferrules in 2", 3" and 4". They will be priced at $45, $60 and $85 respectively.( edit, i am able to do these much cheaper as the cost came in lower than expected, $20, $30 and $40) I expect these to sell very quickly and i know there have been some people waiting on them, please reindicate to me via this thread or email what size and how many you want. I don't really expect these to make it to the website. They are expensive to produce but they are unique in the world.

There are the new sets of stainless funnels. These are a set of 3 ranging from 100mm to 140mm. They will retail for $59 (edit, once again these have come in cheaper than i thought, they will retail for $39 a set).

Pictures of all these items to come once i unpack.

The best news is that i will now be stocking 6" and 8" complete Dashes here from now on ready to ship directly to you for commercial applications. Same with the 8" Crystal Dragons. This should make it much simpler than the dropship method i was using. All parts and consumables will be in stock for shipment from Australia.

The 3" product condensors have to be seen to be believed, i shipped one a couple of weeks ago to a customer who then decided to upgrade his whole still because of the weight and quality of it. These will be standard items on all the 8" units.

This is a really exciting time and another stage of development for StillDragon Australia, i'm starting to get a handle on demand and stock control (despite running out of dc's :^o ) and the number of partial and complete SD units in Australia and New Zealand is continuingly amazing me.

Thank you to all my customers past and future for supporting a company that was built and is run to bring you the best possible gear in the world at the best possible value. Thanks to Lloyd and LoO for the constant daily development hours they put in, and it's this that will continue to bring you the products you want that don't even exist yet. :)>-

• There's always a drama and seems this shipment is no different. Phone call yesterday evening asking why i had 5 tonne extra above my paperwork.

Seems they have someone elses freight ready to ship to me, hopefully that doesn't mean that someone else already has my freight. Won't know more till after the long weekend, but i do know that i won't be receiving freight on Tuesday.

Just got the shed half sorted with all the shelves stocked yesterday to make some room too.

• Hi punkin can I get some copper ferrules. I need two 4", two 2", and one 3". So I can build my copper gin basket.

• Yes mate, i'll put a note aside to reserve them for you.

• edited January 2014

I have a new product arriving shortly as far as the oak dominoes go.

This is a vanilla forward dominoe that is made with a slightly different process that brings the vanilla notes to the front. This would be an excellent option for the bourbon lovers and would be an interesting trial.

I'll be looking for one or two people to do side by side trials on the three different american oak products. I'm happy to supply some samples for the cost of the shipping via TNT if the participants are happy to warrant a specific experiment and to post the details here with photos etc.

Hands up if you think you will be interested in a two month documented trial.

I'll only be getting a small amount of these dominoes to trial so if someone wants to purchase them at the same price (outside of the experiment) as regular dominoes give me an email.

Only offered to ww.stilldragon.org viewers and not on my website at this stage. 4 x 5 kg or twenty times 1kg bags until stocks are gone.

• @punkin I have fair whack of some fresh stilled whiskey/sort of bourbon ready to dilute and oak, 5-6 gens of corn/wheat/barley.

I am lucky enough to already have a sample pack of your prior oaks, so adding a new stick in the mix would be easy. All I will need to do for a proper comparison is to grab matching jars to ensure volume etc and photo's all match correctly.

What is the recommended amount of product & abv% required for each stick ?

Count me in if you need.

Fadge

• edited January 2014

Hey punkin, im keen to do a side by side trial for ya mate. I was gonna order some gear off you this week or next anyway so that's two birds with one stone :)>-

Awesome enough to i've got some UJ just sitting here to be oaked up aswell :)

• Ok have my two experimenters with fadge and Johnno, will look after you LoO too.

Can someone reccomend a volume/program for Fadge?

I can say that we age at 65% exclusively and break down to 40% with a sliver in the bottle as a gimmick/long ageing stick.

• I should have rephrased a bit, what size jars will suit for a test with the oak sticks, ie 500ml, 750ml, 1lt ? I have plenty of the 500ml and 750mls on hand, but will need to buy larger.

fadge

• I'm planning on picking up some 2l jars tomorrow and using 3 x 65% @ around 1.2l each. 1 stick per at even sizes and let them sit side by side. I've got a few different washes I wanna run in the next few weeks so will probably do the same on the different washes

• I might even drop it back to 55-60% as fadge will do 65

• I use the square 4l cookie jars from the bargain shop, just throw away the rubber ring. They'll loose abv eventually over time but are alright for a month or two.

• The new high vannilan dominoes arrived today, they look very different to the regular dominoes. I'm really looking forward to giving these a go i think they'll be the business. Maybe combined with some charred ones?

Looking forward to the results from the two trials. I'll get these off when i get a chance, if fadge and johnno send me a pm with their address it'll be good. I have a 5kg bag put aside for LoO and one for R, that leaves 10kg. To order, just choose a quantity of regular dominoes and leave me a note in the checkout that you want the vannilla ones. Put your name up here and quantity (or send me an email if you are the shy type and i'll update the quantity) so we know when the 10kg is gone. Once some results are back i will order if it's positive.

If each of the triallers sets up some parameters and maybe put it in a new thread i'll start. Suggest maybe # of sticks per litre, # of litres per sample and type of conditions it's stored in? And then maybe four trial jars minimum (i'll send 4 samples) and then a combination or two if you feel like going that way?

Samples weekly on a set day with tasting notes.

In other news i have just caught sight of my new shipment including the milk can boilers, it's at the depot for delivery today, so i'll be pretty flat out unpacking today and tommorow at least. I'll be doing my best to catch up on the backorders (hopefully the dc's are in the first box i lay my hands on :D ) and then will catch up as quick as i can on the orders over the next couple of days. :)>-

It's been a long and painfull road to get this shipment through customs, i'm still not positive i have all the crates (i pray the dc's are not in the missing one) and i thank all of my customers for their patience. =D>

• Good to see your keeping busy mate. It's funny those new Domino's came through 2 days after you sent me some other gear lol

• @punkin I will do a little order to add to dominoes, give me a day or two.

Your gunna be busy anyhow with new shipment, I may wait until you update the store stock/items.

fadge

• No worries mate, i appreciate the breather and the order.

• edited February 2014

Oak Dominoe Comparo

Oak domino thread.