Is the hole size in old bubble caps and downcomers correct?

I have some first run of the copper bubble caps and downcomers. They were sold about September 2012. Somewhere I read something about the size of the holes being too small. Is there any truth to this? It is not a problem for me to make the holes larger, I have a drill press.

Best Answers

• edited November 2013 Answer ✓

1/8= 3,17mm in riser Today i think/now that SD have 5/32=4mm in riser.

3/16=4,76 in dovncomer Today I think that SD have the same size

Cheers

• edited November 2013 Answer ✓

@beyaz_kopek said: I have some first run of the copper bubble caps and downcomers. They were sold about September 2012. Somewhere I read something about the size of the holes being too small. Is there any truth to this? It is not a problem for me to make the holes larger, I have a drill press.

This is not a problem. The holes were not "too small" by the standard of the day. Bear in mind that 3 or 4 liters an hour was an extremely fast collection speed just a few short years ago for a small scale system like the Dash. In fact a system like the dash was only a dream a few years ago also.

You can drill your holes bigger or even hog several out with a grinder wheel if you feel that you need to increase through put.

Answers