StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

DonMateo's Distillery Shed

This discussion was created from comments split from: The Wordless Picture Thread.

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

Comments

• edited March 2022

Distillery shed.

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 97K
  • Congrats, a really nice size

• Thanks mate. I am getting it fixed up now. More fotos soon.

• Looks slightly bigger than a shed ;)

• I want to live there with my 26 pinball machines. But it has to be here not there.

Terriffic space mate, could grow muhrooms there easy if the spirits don't take all the room.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Its 28 x 12m in the shed. I am putting a bottling room and barrel room on the back, with an office and bottle storage room as well. So it should end up being about 450m2. Good enough for a start. Once the upgrade is done its a tasting room on the front. Thanks for the comments guys. The new concrete floor gets put in next week.

• edited March 2022

Put in linear floor drains, otherwise don't bother redoing the floor.

• While dirty, it doesn't look like bad concrete otherwise. Powerwash, etch, seal.

• dump 1000L tote of water on the floor and see where it goes.. put your floor drain THERE.... (trust me!)

• edited March 2022

OK, more photos.

20220228_121232.jpg
    800 x 600 - 80K
  • edited March 2022

Internal shot with old concrete ripped out. Re-profiling with backill goes in on Monday. New concrete contractor turns up Wednesday.

IMG-20220322-WA0006.jpg
    600 x 800 - 101K
  • @CothermanDistilling said: dump 1000L tote of water on the floor and see where it goes.. put your floor drain THERE.... (trust me!)

Pro tip right there. Kick in the pills putting the drains in what would otherwise be the most logical place and then still have to be busier than a one legged squeegee jockey fighting to get the water in the drain.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• nice mate. As the @grim says, linear floor drains are required in the right spots, but if you are repouring the floor, you can set the falls to the drains as you lay it

• Thanks for all the suggestions. Lets see if I can remember my concrete slab design classes from uni. Anyway. I cant wait for this to be done and get back into production. I am sipping on an imperial stout whiskey i made with which was high in oats and i put 5% rye. Its fantastic.

• Pictures ..... Let's see what's happening. Interest is pricked

• edited April 2022

Finishing of the render. Old floor ripped up. New slab going in next week.

IMG-20220401-WA0004.jpg
    800 x 800 - 75K
  • Important piece of equipment that HiFi in the background :P

• edited April 2022

Well its not mine. The concrete goes in next week. Just paid for the replacement electrical panel . This was the old one. Its older than you or me mate.

20220228_121306.jpg
    800 x 600 - 89K
  • The DIN-rail breakers are fairly modern - surprised to see them in that application though.

• Gotta show this to my electrician

• I'm sure that's been cobbled more than once.

Yeah those DIN rail bits were recovered out of something else.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited April 2022

OK more photos. New distribution panel to take up to 150 amps.

IMG-20220412-WA0002.jpg
    450 x 800 - 62K
  • edited April 2022

Leveling clay base for the correct falls on the new concrete slab. Should be done tomorrow. Concrete on Monday.

IMG-20220412-WA0007.jpg
    800 x 450 - 48K
  • edited April 2022

Clay subbase profiled to falls with internal rendering done. Concrete will turn up Monday for some real action shots. Or day I say it the money shots.

IMG-20220413-WA0036.jpg
    800 x 450 - 59K
  • If you posted the pics properly it would be better. The way you do it is lazy and everyone has to click on it, then try to resize it so we can view it instead of giant, grainy size.

I know moonshine comes and does it for you later, but we have already moved on without seeing it because it's too much trouble.

JustSayingPunkin

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin said: I know moonshine comes and does it for you later, but we have already moved on without seeing it because it's too much trouble.

Fixed, as always. Not a problem, just a different time zone. After all, I not only rework the posts but also the pics for proper dimensions and file size for optimal view experience. :-B

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Ok what file size and dimension do have have to make them. Sorry about that.

• @DonMateo said: Ok what file size and dimension do have have to make them. Sorry about that.

It's been described here: ATTENTION: How to post Images & Video Links!

But don't worry about it, I'll fix it anyway, because smallest possible file size is the key to success with the search engines. ;)

• edited April 2022

Action shot.

20220423_090433.jpg
    800 x 600 - 87K