30 Degree Elbow - 2" Tri-Clamp

edited July 2021 in General

Before I spend the time to build one, has anyone seen one for sale?

Comments

• edited July 2021

I usually see folks use 2 90 degree fittings to create a "variable angle" joint. I do it to connect tanks to pumps at floor level, otherwise you are spending a fortune welding completely custom fittings. It's nice, as if you realize you really needed 32.5 degrees, you can just unscrew a clamp and adjust.

• edited July 2021

@grim said: I usually see folks use 2 90 degree fittings to create a "variable angle" joint. I do it to connect tanks to pumps at floor level, otherwise you are spending a fortune welding completely custom fittings. It's nice, as if you realize you really needed 32.5 degrees, you can just unscrew a clamp and adjust.

Yep, 100%

The hinged joint also gives you the ability to adjust for any irregularities in the slope of the floor or the like. For example, do you actually know that 30° is what you actually need? What happens if the angle works out to 28°,,,,,for example?

If you see my meaning?

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Well crap....feel kinda foolish for not thinking of that.

Thanks for the tip guys !!

• I have done the hinging thing. But how about just getting a 90 degree bend and cutting out 60 degrees.

• That was my original plan, but the double 90 will allow me to use it and see if it is worth the effort to make one.