StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Two Year Old Dunder

edited June 2021 in General

I was moving some things in the garage and came across two buckets of dunder from 2019.

I think I had planned on using it right away and did not.

Does not smell too bad.

Is it still usable?

Tagged:

Comments

• Sure, if you are worried about the biology, just bring your wash up to pasteurization temps.

• Send us a postcard from the other side.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Neither the Covid or Blue Cheese has killed me......

• Third times the charm.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Thanks for the support Buddy !! :))

• edited June 2021

Better off sculling the Kool-Aid than that godawful bucket of microbes.

KoolAid.jpg
    257 x 334 - 13K

• edited June 2021

This ain't my first rodeo cowboy......what could possibly go wrong ?

image.jpg
    800 x 498 - 52K
  • If it smells ok I would try it. In for a penny in for pound (of muck).

• @FloridaCracker commented that you know when it is bad.....mine smells good yet.

My question would be how much in a wash ?

• edited June 2021

cry-uncle.jpg
    800 x 450 - 28K

• @punkin That's funny.....where did you get the cartoon of me ?

• Not often i get beat at a game of internet, so well done mate. :D

• Id use it, ive recently used dunder ive been moving around since 2017 that had mould and a rotting peice of suhar cane in it. Used as per normal when making up the wash to ferment, even tasted the fully fermented wash with no ill effects.

Best white rum ive made to date off the still

• edited June 2021

Don't listen to Punkin. He's just skeer'd.

On the otherhand, if something goes awry, well you shoulda listened to Punkin, lol.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Caution is based on fear i suppose. Handy thing to have when you live in a country where everything can kill you.

• edited June 2021

They say if it does not kill you, it makes you stronger.

Caught this 7 footer in the garden last week.

7 footer.jpg
    600 x 800 - 178K
  • edited June 2021

You had me liking you up till there.

You can get fucked now, hero.

• They eat our chicks, eggs and clean out the wild bird nests.

No hate involved, farm life fact of life.

• edited June 2021

They also eat the rats and other vermin, but i guess you can just throw more poison around and not bother snake proofing your roosts, hey.

Wild birds are good, wild snakes are bad. Whatever did the wild birds do before you were there to protect them?

• @punkin We have Garter Snakes, Bull Snakes, Black Snakes, Copperheads, Water Moccasins and Rattle Snakes here.

Neighbor girl was down 3 weeks from a copperhead bite, my dog Buck did not survive a copperhead bite.

Rattlesnakes keep to there own. (contrary to TV westerns)

Water Moccasins are in the river and I cannot swim, so they are safe from me.

Garter snakes & bull snakes eat bugs and mice and are our friends.

Only reason I posted that was your comment.....Caution is based on fear i suppose. Handy thing to have when you live in a country where everything can kill you.

• Caution to me means keeping still and letting the King Browns and Redbelly Blacks round here go about their business. Don't jump off the boat while I'm cleaning fish. Don't stick my fingers down a hole in the ground with a funnel web in it, and bang my boots together upside down before putting them on.

I have 3 snakes here as companion animals. I like them better than most of the people i know.
    Your picture is like a photo of someone running over someone's dog on purpose in case it bit them one day to me.

I feel that it was purposely targeted to upset me the day after I posted a pic of me rescuing a snake and releasing it on here.

• @punkin Man, I am sorry !!!

I apologize if you took it as an insult. Not sure what post you are talking about, but I did not see it.

I will leave.

Adios

Jeff

• It'd be the thread directly below this one, the No Topic Thread. You don't have to leave, you are welcome here. I spose i need to harden the fuck up about these things.

• edited June 2021

Come on guys, that really should not be fuel for a conflict. Now we know that @punkin loves snakes, people hold them as pets, others consider them as plague and yes, they are known to get killed for that very reason.

Nature and humans clash together, as many so often... :bz

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• I apologize to one and all.

I should not have posted such a photo.

• All good, you weren't to know.

• Sooooo,,,,how about those Tampa Bay Rays?

• edited June 2021

Seems like an awkward segway. But the Tampa Bay reference is not incongruous because the feared pirate Jose Gaspar is claimed to have used Tampa Bay as his home base after roaming and plundering. Anyway,,,rumor has it that Gasparilla (as he was known) used to drink rum.

Makes way more sense now right? Talking bout rum again. Back on track. You're welcome

The Ray's? That's a baseball team in Tampa that is performing better than expected. Ok maybe not related except that Tampa seems to be a common denominator here.

Could draw that up on the grease board for those of you that are more visual learners........

• Meanwhile, back at the ranch.........

I was planning to try running a batch of rum using the 1.5 method some guy called punkin came up with.

Two 20 gallon batches.... one raw sugar, White Star Sugar yeast, Fermaid K and one batch grade a molasses, dunder, White Star Rum yeast, Fermaid K. (no sugar)

Run the sugar batch....add to the molasses wash and run on 4 plates @ 180-190.

Any input appreciated.

• That'll work just fine.