Filtration?

edited May 2021 in Accessories

Anybody have any experience with a set up like this?

TriplePlus Cartridge Filtration System with Pump

Go from coarse to fine filtration in a single pass with our TriplePlus system on a cart.

Overview

Hang on a sec. Three cartridge housings on a cart plus pump? Have we gone berserk? No, our customers requested it, so we built it.

Go from coarse to fine filtration in a single pass with our TriplePlus system. Powered by one of our SimpleSeries air diaphragm pumps from Versa-Matic, it is the perfect tool for wine and spirits producers who wish to polish and clarify their product with the accuracy of membrane cartridge filtration in a powerful all-in-one package.

Choose the pump type that best suits your application:

SimpleAir: A tough and economical polypropylene body with Santoprene diaphragms make this pump well-suited to wine, beer, and low-proof spirits.

SimpleWine: 316 Stainless Steel wetted parts and Santoprene diaphragms for excellent compatibility with wine and beer, as well as more acidic products like cider.

SimpleSpirits: A fully-groundable 316 Stainless Steel body with ATEX certification for higher-proof spirits. SimpleSpires 12 & 43 pumps provide 12 & 43 GPM of max potential flow rate, respectively.

SimpleSolvent: A fully-groundable 316 Stainless Steel body with ATEX certification and PTFE diaphragms for cold filtration in extraction applications. SimpleSolvent 12 & 35 pumps provide 12 & 35 GPM of max potential flow rate, respectively.

Specifications

• Three 30" cartridge housings mounted in series allow you to go from coarse to fine filtration in a single pass
  • Different pumps available for processing different materials max flow rate air diaphragm pump
  • 12 GPM pumps require 10 CFM at 60 psi for max flow
  • 35 & 43 GPM pumps require 30 CFM at 60 psi for max flow
  • All 304 stainless steel cart
  • Built-in tool tray
  • Air inlet ball valve and regulator for speed control

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

Comments

• Personally as well as professionally being in process filtration supply, the diaphragm pump is a no no with pulsating flow. Not good for a filter cartridge. As to three stage, great. BUT there ideally ought be valves in between each filter which allows backflush as well as bypass. But again where do you draw the line in balancing costs. Personally I think expensive.

As a foot note yay, comments yet again in the group. ^:)^

• Has a pulsation damper, but I agree, not ideal.

Tough to balance an explosion proof option. Gast does make air motors that can be paired to centrifugal heads.

• I do use code-7 carts though, in a similar setup.

I can join up 3 like that, but realistically only ever really use 2.

Very cost effective. Simple to use. No huge mess.

For larger batches, carts are cheap enough to be treated as disposable.

• @richard said: the diaphragm pump is a no no with pulsating flow. Not good for a filter cartridge.

Is it bad for the filter itself? If we're talking about the spirit itself does it matter much? We're not doing scientific levels of absolute filtration so maybe a little off would be ok? It's that the pulsing forces larger material through, yes? It's understandable that some people want correct filtration levels, where some of us are good with close enough.

• I could see a setup with 2 filters, and make it so it can be 10 or 30 inch filters.. if you wanted a better/smoother pump, get one of the lobe pumps on ebay listed as cosmetic food pump (.5kw stainless lobe pump) and use an XP motor and VFD...

image.jpg
    800 x 550 - 48K
  • I have an application that could use one of these instead of the plate & frame I'm currently using. Like @CothermanDistilling 2 stage is probably all that's required. I too am not a fan of air diaphragm pumps, but lobes are $$

• edited May 2021

We clamp the filter housings right to a similar lobe pump…