StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Confessions Thread

Comments

• Do you go shopping in a mankini?

• That seems a strange thing to come to mind. Not sure i want to know what your mental image of me is.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Confess i was in the Dr's surgery waiting with another person yesterday when i walked across the room and straightened a painting hanging crooked on the wall. The young woman was smiling conspiratorially as i walked back to stand against the wall where i had been, and nodded to a framed certificate sitting two feet behind the receptionists chair that was at least 8 degrees out.

How the fuck can someone look at that shit day in and day out and not reach up to make it straighter?

The worst of the worst are fixtures, like switches and sockets in the wall that some tradie who never should have gotten past first year has put them in without using a level (or having a reliable eye).

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin said: Confess i was in the Dr's surgery waiting with another person yesterday when i walked across the room and straightened a painting hanging crooked on the wall. The young woman was smiling conspiratorially as i walked back to stand against the wall where i had been, and nodded to a framed certificate sitting two feet behind the receptionists chair that was at least 8 degrees out.

How the fuck can someone look at that shit day in and day out and not reach up to make it straighter?

The worst of the worst are fixtures, like switches and sockets in the wall that some tradie who never should have gotten past first year has put them in without using a level (or having a reliable eye).

Yep.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Confess that it's 5.30am and i'm sitting here eating hot jungle curry and rice soup for breakfast.

Brings me back.

• Totally f-ed up my last mash. Trying to be smarter and reduce effort. 60# of grain in a BIAB setup. Recirculating worked perfectly to hit target temps with a screen at the bottom of my barrel and then I got cocky and instead of lautering, I tried lifting the bag and let it drain....

This compacted the rye and corn portions to the point of no lautering at all plus I had to get my climbing gear to be able to lift it up at all! 10 hours of effort for 13 gallons of 1.050 wort and a weird sticky slime covering my garage floor...

• HAHAHA. Love the wierd sticky slime comment. That happens a lot in my garage.

• edited December 2020

Well last night I went to an asado and had the # 5 rated Sommelier in Argentina try five of my whiskeys and liked them all. The best one is the Lenga. Anyway. I have to make more Lenga.

• edited December 2020

@DonMateo said: Well last night I went to an asado and had the # 5 rated Sommelier in Argentina try five of my whiskeys and liked them all. The best one is the Lenga. Anyway. I have to make more Lenga.

All that makes me think of; :)

this-my-sister-she-is-number-four-prostitute-in-all-kazakhstan-very-nice.jpg
    407 x 405 - 25K

• edited December 2020

Roflmao

There’s the old home Distilling/artisan distilling punkin. It’s a Christmas MIRACLE!!

• Hehehe.

In the spirit of confessions I'm worried that I'll never be able to write a shopping list again.

I used my last post-it note and forgot to put 'Post-it Notes' on it.

• pez
    edited January 2021

I tried turbo yeast fast to get ready for some cleaning product. That shit isn’t right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2BbylJu6Yc

• edited January 2021

Don’t walk away from boiling wort...

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 94K
  • Well I just bottled my first rye whiskey andI bottled a roasted rye. Both turned out very nicely. Now if only I could get my hands on some more rye.

• edited March 2021

You can't see it, but the bottom one was off the ground too. No, there wasn't a strap on it originally.

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 75K
  • Why is it swollen like a tick? Fermentation?

• Not the most durable things, but man look at it trying to bust out.

• Yeah, fermenting. The lid has a PRD and isn't even screwed on. The main danger was the whole thing threatening to tip over.

• wow! I usually have the opposite problem in that I forget release the lid before pumping out of em. lol

• Yep done that too. These things are like balloons thankfully.

• Well I confess I just got the title transfer on my lot and I have just engaged an architect to prepare the drawings for my shed and tasting room. So it should take about 2 months then I will be starting construction. Getting closer every day. or as they say here "poco a poco se lluega lejos" ( little by little you arrive far away).

• edited March 2021

My shed is now about 30 days before move in is possible

1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 167K
    2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 152K
  • Yours looks about as big as mine is going to be. I have put a small tasting room on the front of it as well.

• Great coincidental timing. I have been looking to buy a shed and can't fid what i want here despite being pretty imaginative;

Old fire station, movie theatre, truck stop with diner, small shopping strip, old motel etc.

So i drew something like the shed i'm in now up and having a draftsman draw it and do costing's atm.

Should be back in a week or two, hopefully the bottom line is good and i can buy 10 acres on the hill over town somewhere. it'll be around 500m2.

• Please post more.

• edited March 2021

Interesting, we're looking at a possible location # 2 - more of a satellite tasting room with limited ops (for legal reasons).

Those bricks are absolutely beautiful. I hope you aren't planning to stucco over. Bricks with that much character cost a fortune here in the states.

• edited March 2021

@grim said: Interesting, we're looking at a possible location # 2 - more of a satellite tasting room with limited ops (for legal reasons).

Those bricks are absolutely beautiful. I hope you aren't planning to stucco over. Bricks with that much character cost a fortune here in the states.

30 years ago a new Brick was 17 cents. Reclaimed Chicago Brick was 35 cents.

• 1 brick in US Dollar terms is approx $ 0.12. They call these clay stock building bricks (Mampara) and are slightly more expensive than cement building bricks but are significantly stronger.

• @Smaug said: 30 years ago a new Brick was 17 cents. Reclaimed Chicago Brick was 35 cents.

Come to Detroit, lots of opportunity to DIY reclaim of bricks...