StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

COVID-19 Roll Call - Anyone else got the Rona?

I had it a couple of weeks ago. Talk about being squashed like a bug, but I lost 15kg and survived. Not recommended if you can avoid it guys.

Comments

• Shit man, stay well. I am shitting myself for such because I have to work in close proximity to my artisan staff.

But I am told that an aid in helping avoid Covid are huge daily doses of Vitamin C.

• edited November 2020

@richard said: But I am told that an aid in helping avoid Covid are huge daily doses of Vitamin C.

Nope, not Vitamin C but D3+K2 (in a ratio of at least 100 mcg K2 per 10000 IU D3, which is to prevent calcification). There is already a ton of legit literature about it.

The clue is that it prevents the Coronavirus from blocking the ACE2 receptor, which is why someone with a D3 deficiency is more likely to getting sick.

D3 is one of the most important vitamins and plays a crucial role for the immune system. The recommended dosage for an adult is at least 20000 IU D3 + 200 mcg K2 (MK-7). :-B

Disclaimer: This is not a medical advice. Please do your own research and/or consult a doctor you trust (though that may lead to nowhere, because academic medicine and the respective RDAs are lagging far behind recent research).

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• Well I was taking all of that Vit c and Vit D and Zinc etc. Didnt work but I am still here to tell the tale. In the recovery Vit D and mega Zinc tablets are working the best. Medical Disclaimer. I am not a doctor just a patient.
    Anyway I was wondering if it was just me. Stay healthy guys and gals. COVID is the real deal. You might only have a small percentage that it kills you, but when you get it you start reading up exactly what your chances are. And macking down those vitamins and antiviral herbs as well as counting the days.

• Good call DonMataeo I hope you make a full recovery.

• Hope you're back on your feet again soon @DonMateo

• @crozdog. Well work is backing off and this weekend I am mashing in on a wheat/rye white whiskey wash so I guess I am getting back on my feet. A terrible side effect of COVID is that I can only drink about 150ml of whisky and I am wrecked. I guess it had to happen sooner or later. How is the fishing going mate ? Take care in SA mate. They will do the lockdown thing but its worth it. You dont want this mate.

• Wonderful to hear that you are up on your feet again @DonMateo :x Nasty sickness!

• edited November 2020

Thanks @MotherOfDragon. I am surprised I am the only here that had the Rona. Well I suppose that's good as you don't want it.

• @DonMateo we’ve been lucky working 100% from home since March.

Going out once a week to do groceries and other supplies and that’s it. Thanking my high speed internet and cable every day...

• @DonMateo .... Not the only one. The whole family has come down with it. I am not greatly affected but the wife has been in hospital for the last week and looks only to come out at end of this week. She got a form of covid viral pneumonia that left her completely man down.

• Sorry to hear that mate. It definitely sets you on your ass. My boss in Peru had it. He was down for about 3 weeks.

• I am on day 11 of feeling like crap, started New Years Day... just getting smell and taste back, every morning it feels like I got drunk the night before and fell down a flight of stairs... but all I did the day before was sit in jammies and watch 16 hours of netflix... add that to it being cold outside for the same 11 days and I just feel miserable...

• I think we all contracted round about 23/24 December. I still get sore joints, lower back pains and virus related itchy rashes, dull headaches. This the doc assures me is likely to continue for the next 3 to 6 months as the virus works its way out of the system. But the positive side is that for at least the next 4 - 6 months we are at zero chance of being re-infected.

• Wife got her first vax injection two weeks ago... due for the next in a week and change.

• Good to hear ppl are recovering. Vaccine schedule puts general population in MI to get them August’ish. Guess we’re holing up fir another while...

• Join the club. We potentially will only get +July onwards

• Suspect we'll see another trough through the summer, which combined with vax will likely put a lot of people at ease. The big question though, will we vax fast enough to prevent another big spike next fall/winter?

• edited January 2021

For USA-based distilleries, you are considered Food and Agriculture under the CDC recommendations, so critical essential employees would be eligible for vaccination under CDC Phase 1b.