StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Stock Arrival

1212223242527»

Comments

• edited December 2018

No rush I have a million projects on the burner

• Just a notice that StillDragon Australia will be discontinuing the Ace of Hearts Baby Dragon. I have run out of stock of lenses and won't be ordering more. It's a slow seller and i have found that most people who purchase one end up upgrading to the 4" Dash system fairly quickly as the lower collection speed of the Ace can frustrate.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Fair call. I was the same. I stated with a 2" and once I got into the swing of it the slow collection speed was a real pain.
    4" is a great starting size. For most people they'll have no reason to upgrade beyond that. Consider it an investment that you can pass on to the next generation.

• But, but ,but its so cute...

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• @Smaug said: But, but ,but its so cute...

Makes a nice paperweight...

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• Guess which stupid, fat moron just found twenty sets of Baby Dragon lenses?

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• I need a clue first....Uh,,,,what shape is his head?

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Are they shiny bits?

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• Cucurbita shaped.

• Just an update there are 15 spare element guard kits i had expressed as they have been out of stock for a little while in store now. Full stock should be here in a month, so first in best dressed.

• Still fighting stock shortages here, expressing what i can. Apologies to those awaiting orders from today as i ran out of 2" clamps of all things. Hope to see some arrive in the next week or so.

• Hey how much can the 3600w stainless uld elements be bent?

• I don't know mate. I have put one in a vice and leaned on it pretty well, posted a pic on here a few years ago. You can certainly get enough angle on them to get them to miss each other in a boiler.

• @punkin said: I don't know mate. I have put one in a vice and leaned on it pretty well, posted a pic on here a few years ago. You can certainly get enough angle on them to get them to miss each other in a boiler.

Have ordered 2x 3600w and 1x 2400w

Getting 3x 15amp circuits installed in my new house.

Going to attempt to bend the 2400w and 3600w in my 70L boil kettle to give space for my immersion chiller. (6000w for 70L is heaps when I've only got 4400w atm) the other 3600w is going into my 50L HLT/Herms

Hoping this works otherwise I'll need to go back to looking at circle elements or move to a plate chiller (I like keeping cold break in my kettle)

My 50L milkcan is fine with the 2x 2400w elements already in it (though I may get them rewired)

Will post results/pictures when I have it done

Need to find a use for the 2x2200w weldless elements ill now have spare

• Shipped this morning.

• For all those waiting for the new stock of the 380l boilers, some came yesterday. Also have electric parrots back in stock for those who have been waiting on them.

• For all those who have been waiting, new stock is here of some of the things i'd run out of, 2" clamps, Gin Basket Kits, 3" lenses etc. It'll all be listed over the next few days.

• Hey @punkin do you have any 4" sightglass kits or just 4" lens? Though a 4" triclamp to screw on lens adapter would also be handy?

Otherwise whats the options on 4" to 3" triclamp adapters?

• I have the weld on screw up sight glass lenses only. I gave up stocking the 4" plain lenses, i was only keeping them for Danny from Custom Copper but the last two times i ordered i got 8-10mm thick ones. Plenty of them if they are any good to you.

As far as reducers i have 4x3 short or tapered.

• @punkin said: I have the weld on screw up sight glass lenses only. I gave up stocking the 4" plain lenses, i was only keeping them for Danny from Custom Copper but the last two times i ordered i got 8-10mm thick ones. Plenty of them if they are any good to you.

As far as reducers i have 4x3 short or tapered.

What thickness do I need for a triclamp sightglass setup? Also do you have any 4" sight glass gaskets?

Ive recently gotten a cheekypeak copper lid for my 70L boil kettle in my 3v system which im planning on using as a steam hood. But the 2nd 4" port I can either use a 4" endcap to block or the Acrylic lense it came with (triclamp is used to seal it ) I am not a fan of the idea of using Acrylic so looking at other options. Ive got heaps of spare 3" lenses and gaskets as my original setup I got from you was using triclamp sightglasses and ive since changedover/upgrade to the brass ones.

But it would mean id have to use a 4" to 3" adaptor, and tbh it would make more sense to buy a 3" sightglass kit thats permently installed on the adaptor. How short are the adaptors you have?

• I think the other lenses are 4mm from memory. I'll have a look later at the depth of the short reducers. If you get onto Danny i'm betting that he's found a source as he hasn't asked me for any of the lenses for a while and used to get them in large batches. Bet he has some 4" ones too.

• I have 1 x 380l Dash 1 The Business left in stock if anyone wants it email me.

The new stock should be here in a couple of months.

• edited August 2022

The Standalone systems are back in stock now, for those who have been asking. 4 here, first in first served. Email for invoicing.