Weird TC Flange Size

I had a 8" to 3" reducer made, it doesn't fit my custom 8" column - made in the Ukraine. The flange size on the custom column is 233mm. What the hell kind of size is that?

Comments

• One of those funny Chinese sizes.

They can’t make a compliant Mini-TC fitting to save their life either.

• edited June 2020

Are you sure that it was a Tri-Clover

tri.gif
    800 x 454 - 28K
  • I have no bloody idea what they have made ;-)

• I mean - any TC that is expressed in MM without a decimal place and some numbers following, is just wrong.

That image is also a great example of why China completely fails at Mini-TC (1/2 and 3/4) tc fittings.

They just downscale the 1-2" size, which is wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. Mini-TC is completely different.

• edited June 2020

If you want the imperial sizes in metric then as below

I had a metric size somewhere but in principal, all the ferrule flange OD's are the same for a specific size range and its only the ID that changes as well as the wall thickness

TRICLOVER METRIC 1.jpg
    447 x 592 - 30K
    TRICLOVER METRIC 2.gif
    416 x 486 - 45K
  • edited June 2020

This is also a quite a nice small and quick selection of other types of connections

1.jpg
    628 x 800 - 66K
    2.jpg
    628 x 800 - 62K
    3.jpg
    627 x 800 - 67K
    4.jpg
    607 x 800 - 70K
    5.jpg
    719 x 764 - 86K
  • so what on earth have they made me.. the flange looks factory made. just plain ol weird.

1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 47K
    2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 64K
  • :D Only one way to find out ..... ask them

• have done.. no reply ;-)

• Try asking on their forum? [-O<

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• They don't have one

• @needmorstuff, that's the whole point, it all comes at a price! Wanna buy from China with questionable outcome? Well, nothing we can do about it. Wanna buy StillDragon® products instead? Then you are at the right place. Got it? B-)

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• I know SD kit is awesome - I have a 100l kettle and some other bits and pieces.

The 8" to 3" reducer was made by the same people who made a big sized soxhlet extractor for me - they are in the ukraine and the quality is in my opinion better than china.

But let's not say everything coming out of china is bad, the Chinese make some amazing kit.

SD don't make custom kit - or if they do I wasn't aware so SD wasn't even an option for this.

• edited June 2020

@needmorstuff, wasn't meant as an accusation, but ppl here just won't be able to help you with stuff that you've bought somewhere else, that's all.

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• @Moonshine said: needmorstuff, wasn't meant as an accusation, but ppl here just won't be able to help you with stuff that you've bought somewhere else, that's all.

Fare enough, I am a little touchy today ;-)

But I very much doubt that to be the case, we have lots of people on here with decades of experience - from commercial distillers to joe public and avid enthusiasts. our combined knowledge is huge.

• they replied with some crazy ukraine specs.

1.jpg
    710 x 656 - 103K
    2.jpg
    639 x 757 - 108K
    3.jpg
    600 x 800 - 108K
    4.jpg
    779 x 658 - 82K
    5.jpg
    563 x 430 - 64K
    6.jpg
    800 x 668 - 104K
  • Okay, so it looks like they have given you a DN200 DIN11850 ferrule instead of an 8" ferrule.

Not a total train smash and not too expensive to fix.

A quick off the cuff thought is ..... cut the DN200 ferrule off and weld on an 8" ferrule. It will sort of fit (pipe diameter). You may need to work the end connection a bit for the correct diameter interface.

BUT..... go to a proper SS tubing / piping contractor in the UK and get a second opinion on it before you cut.

• it gets better! for the 8" side they used the DN200 - for the other side normal TC sizing. Absolute clowns.

I have asked them to make me a DN200 to 3" reducer. I do not expect to have to pay for it.

If they refuse then as you suggest I will see a local sanitary welder.