StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Y'all die from the rona?

Where the hell is everyone?

Comments

• Here.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• No mate. I am here in Mendoza. Illegal and like Koala in a cage. I have made lots of whiskey lately though.

• I'm wondering if someone we know actually died and we don't even know... :-?

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• They all will. No way out of it.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• i'm still here

• edited June 2020

Still a stilling. Made my best batch of gin a few weeks ago. Came out great. But then again I am a bastard from the Bush so pretty good chances of escaping the plague here. And when I say Bush I mean remote Remote here.

• edited June 2020

Manufacturing a new project. Single tier three vessel brewing system. 175L cast out to fermenter. Mashing and heating process all PLC and HMI controlled. All rest is manual. Trying to think elsewhere from catastrophic Covid shut down.

3 vessel complete assy.jpg
    800 x 637 - 36K
  • Still here.

Still's still here.

• @FloridaCracker said: Still here.

Still's still here.

you haven't visited yet... there is rum in barrels to pull the nail and sample some saturday if you visit... good stuff too...

• Still alive and it looks like neutral is available to buy at the same price as pre-lockdown.

Just about to order some.

Will be using quite a lot of it to make hand sanitiser.

I saw a large drop in demand from health workers - maybe their regular (and approved) suppliers are now able to supply to them.

Now seeing a second demand from businesses who want to buy the stuff.

I donated the vast majority of the stuff I made to health workers.

Businesses can pay for this shit.

• Still alive and kicking. The outside of my house is in great shape and I’m happy that I can work remotely (and will for the rest of the year).

• Haven't distilled anything for maybe 5 months, We're just selling bits and drabs from stock. We may be starting up some scotch-ish single malt in a couple of weeks, depending on what I find out about the coolant pump tomorrow. From what I'm hearing, it may be seized. 8P

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

• @CothermanDistilling said: you haven't visited yet... there is rum in barrels to pull the nail and sample some saturday if you visit... good stuff too...

Guilty.

The one time I DID drop by, you were somewhere else. Whatever became of getting the premium molasses?

Ron

• @FloridaCracker said: Whatever became of getting the premium molasses?

I have a call in to "ED&F Man Liquid Products" requesting spec sheets and prices for grades available...

• Maybe nobody ELSE cares, but our coolant system failure was a "simple" pump motor seizure, and not a UV anti-microbe failure which can plug radiators and still condensers (ugh!). Even though we're mostly not at the distillery lately, we run the coolant recirculation AND UV irradiation continuously to stay uninfected. Just a goody: the new pump is 1/2 hp, twice the power and coolant as the old pump. No more airlocks in still condensers!

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

200.gif
    188 x 200 - 304K
    giphy.gif
    500 x 500 - 1M

• Me? Oh I am dead and have been for a while.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited June 2020

Shot in :60 by MicroShiner - Silk City Distillers Maple Cask Bourbon Limited Release @ Facebook

Their sister product Bourbon Cask Vermont Maple Syrup, is amazing and is sold out in hours. Ugh! I want some more! Listen to the podcas...

• @grim Great stuff, well done

• Trying to figure out a way to make milling and mash-in more efficient. Trying to figure out grist cases and augers.

Need to be able to mash faster and more frequently, with less setup and breakdown.

• @grim said: Trying to figure out a way to make milling and mash-in more efficient. Trying to figure out grist cases and augers.

Need to be able to mash faster and more frequently, with less setup and breakdown.

My friend that owns a large brewery put in a $60,000 silo and the $0.30/lb bulk malt price paid for it in less than a year...

• Nice to see good stories like this BUT it's always just about the same adage ...... You need to have money to make money

• edited June 2020

We are thinking about adding a grist case, milling into the grist case, augering in.

This will let us pre-mill, which we can't do today. It'll also finally let us setup our bulk bag unloader, so we can mill direct from bulk bag.

Our steam injection continuous mash setup works great, but it's a bitch to setup and tear down. Logistically it's a real headache.

• I ain’t ded. Not distilling now tho either. Maybe in a few months.

• Only thing dying right now is my business. Why Walmart, and lowes can be nut to butt with people and my place cant be open is beyond common sense.

• The ability to do curbside pickup and cocktails-to-go was a savior for us.

We were very close to getting delivery, which would have really been a winner for us.

• edited July 2020

At one point, we bought out all the mason jars from every Walmart, Target, and Michaels in North Jersey.

103442375_1220532434799696_2200440379268467181_n.jpg
    854 x 960 - 54K
    101567563_1212817205571219_1774077322974986240_n.jpg
    960 x 960 - 55K
  • they look great

• We had two bad months, but cumming back now.

DAD... not yours.. ah, hell... I don't know...

• WTG dad.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America