CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY WHEN SEARCHING FOR MORE INFORMATION?

Click HERE for more information and to receive a 30-day bonus when signing up to SurfShark VPN »

Rightly! Because the internet is full of dangers these days. We looked around how you can additionally protect your digital life and came across the commercial VPN provider SurfShark, which offers the very best service and features at an astonishingly low price.

Click here for more information and to receive a 30-day bonus when signing up to SurfShark VPN!

Originally posted by @SDEurope in the StillDragon® Europe BLOG

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

Comments

• Anyone using it?

I've been using TrustZone. But they put their prices up.

So when my 12 month subscription expires, I'll try something else.

• edited May 2020

@Homebrew said: Anyone using it? I've been using TrustZone. But they put their prices up. So when my 12 month subscription expires, I'll try something else.

Yes, we are using SurfShark on all of our devices since last year and went for the 24-months plan.

After having done extensive research on commercial VPN providers, SurfShark was the only one left that fulfills all of our criteria, especially:

• Unlimited number of simultaneous connections (pretty much all the others limit usage to just a few devices)
    • Price (the other usual suspects charge a real premium compared to SurfShark)
    • Located outside 5/9/14 Eyes Countries (British Virgin Islands)
    • Audited for security and strict no logging policy
    • Strong encryption (AES-256-GCM) and variety of supported protocols (IKEv2, OpenVPN/UDP/TCP, Shadowsocks, with Wireguard coming later this year)
    • No usage restrictions (P2P-friendly)
    • Feature rich mobile app (including ads/trackers/malware blocker, proper kill switch and multihop selection)

We are absolutely satisfied with their service, in fact, it provides us with faster Internet access due to our 4G ISP doing some nasty traffic shaping.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Funny you should say "4G ISP doing some nasty traffic shaping".

I have a lot of problems at my office, using my phone as a 4G hotspot, when connecting to various sites, some of them my suppliers.

Those same sites work fine at my house.

Will try the VPN see if it solves the problem.

• @Homebrew said: Funny you should say "4G ISP doing some nasty traffic shaping". I have a lot of problems at my office, using my phone as a 4G hotspot, when connecting to various sites, some of them my suppliers. Those same sites work fine at my house. Will try the VPN see if it solves the problem.

Yes, especially the traffic shaping, logging and even DNS censorship are typical issues with local ISPs.

The DNS logging and censorship are another huge point for using a proper VPN and I really would not want to use any public WiFi without it anymore!

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area