StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Bitcoin To The Moon - The Next Generation

Comments

• And when the bitcoin network becomes sentient and wants to embed bitchips in our brains?
    Oh wait, we have gov't issued citizen numbers - and although the gov't has displayed no evidence of being cognitive (let alone sentient) - we have nothing to fear. I'm sure to sleep even more soundly with a virtual stack of BTC under my mattress.

• That virtual stack is not controlled by a centralised bank that manipulates and prints more cash. Sleep well my friend mwahhhhhaaaa haha

• edited October 2014

You know you can print out your bic to put under your pillow if it helps :)

gollum_loves_bitcoin.jpg
    480 x 456 - 26K

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• edited October 2014

is this what happens to you after a few years of farming bitcoin

• @Drunkas said: is this what happens to you after a few years of farming bitcoin

You really don't know who that is? Hint: Often mouse-over a pic reveals some info or description. ;)

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• edited October 2014

Lol mining bitcoin? Yes indeed it is. Picture nerds mooching power off their poor broke mothers while they are sitting on a huge virtual stack of cash.

You could mine coins a couple of years ago using the processing power of a couple good graphics cards. Now this is redundant. Gpu's have been replaced with asic chips especially designed for bitcoin mining but here is the thing ( I nearly got caught up in this and had plans on early retirement sitting on my precious stack of bitcoin..) the technology is advancing that fast and the difficulty of mining coins is getting harder, that by the time you dropped 5k on a asic mining rig (pre order) to the time you were to receive your btc mining rig the technology was pretty much redundant. What you need today to make any money mining will literally be a paper weight in 6 months time.

It's a case of the guy selling the shovels made more money than most the miners in the gold rush days.

Now it's not the 20 year olds mining coins in their mums basements looking like smeagle..It's corporations mining with huge server racks of asic tech

• So the bitcoin mining is dead to us average people?
    We are stuck to accepting BTC at ever-strange and gyrating rates?

Just asking because someone here openly posted a "buy" order at $400 USD and after then we all saw BTC at $330 or so.
    That's got to hurt.

But what to do I don't know. He bought at $400 and it fell to $330 and rebounded to $360 USD. Hurts less?

How can I invest in something like this? I really want to know.

I am not trading good SD products for bitcoin at this time because it makes no sense to me. Bitcoin can easily go to $100 but SD goods and prices are based on more solid currency. My apologizes that I don't get it.

I am notoriously good with money, and that's a fact, but I'm truly fucked when dealing with bitcoin.

• I think the money is in the trading with Bitcoin right now. If you know what to do you can go Short or Long on an exchange like Bitfinex, which is not any different than dealing with stocks on a stocks exchange. Don't forget that Bitcoin still is in its baby shoes, the exchange rate will level out for use as a regular currency with time. It's a stunning technology and a step in the right direction, the more you read about it and dig in, the more fascinating it becomes. I think Bitcoin should be supported and favored, after all it has lots of potential and bypasses the corrupt banking and governmental control system completely.

Have a look at the official Bitcoin website on how to get started. We are not talking about putting all your money into a Bitcoin wallet, but get to know Bitcoin, exchange a small amount to have some mBTC (1000 mBTC = 1 BTC) available, have a look at useBitcoins.info and download the Bitcoin World Map App for your Android mobile phone.

At least I'm sold on that technology and follow news about it daily. :)

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• @Lloyd I think you made the right investment hmm hmm StillDragom hmm hmm screw the bitcoin Stainless steel is its own currency. :D

• I learned long ago that I suck at day trading. I tend to buy and hold long term.
    That helps to keep me from doing too many stupid things.

It does make sense for a distributor to accept BTC (just like any other currency) and spend it, invest it or convert it into fiat just as you would with any currency or commodity (precious metals, rare coins, comic books, 20 year old scotch...).

It just does not look to be a proper long term investment for me. Gambling on currencies is done (successfully) by many but I have a proven track record of failure when I try it.

• @Moonshine said: I think Bitcoin should be supported and favored, after all it has lots of potential and bypasses the corrupt banking and governmental control system completely.

Anything associated with value will always be surrounded by some type of corruption, Bitcoin will not be immune from the pitfalls for greed. IMHO

The day you quit learning is the day you start dying!

"I am an incurable gadgeteer, and I like enormously to set up a theory and then track down the consequences" Murray Leinster youtube.com/watch?v=08e9k-c91E8

• Very true and we have seen it with large suspicious trades saturating the market, exchanges and bitcoin banks stealing peoples coins. Generally though, the bitcoin is free of the corruption from the government and the banking system which is why governments and the IMF are very concerned.

• So this is me using a Bitcoin ATM for the very first time! :D

bitcoin_atm1.jpg
    800 x 533 - 45K
    bitcoin_atm2.jpg
    800 x 543 - 29K

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• edited October 2014

Took me ages, but i finally saw the btc atm in that pic :D Can you see it?

• Nope still dont see it. @Moonshine has nice red hair though.

• edited October 2014

@Chalmer said: Nope still dont see it. Moonshine has nice red hair though.

Yes but his right hand is gawd awful.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Has anyone yet suggested a currency backed by casked whiskey?

• @grim said: Has anyone yet suggested a currency backed by casked whiskey?

Its too volatile (at 65%).

• lol^^

Sounds great.. There was a classifieds site in Aus and the currency is slabs(cartons of beer) Dont know if its still up and running but it was very popular

shake_to_buy.jpg
    800 x 457 - 46K

• edited July 2017

lb.gif
    640 x 483 - 684K

• Thats some kinda necro 2014?

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited July 2017

Revival! :)

• There will only be 21 million Bitcoins ever mined, when that occurs a Bitcoin will be worth somewhere between $50,000 and $100,000. Adding to that, there will be a fork in Bitcoin around 25/10/2017 where Bitcoin Gold will split off. Anyone holding Bitcoins will receive the same amount in Bitcoin Gold. Depending on how that goes Bitcoin owners could double their money.

Bitcoin Anime.jpg
    690 x 800 - 63K

This Is The Way.jpg
    800 x 800 - 91K

ho_ho_hodl.jpg
    800 x 800 - 25K

• Will be interesting to see if Binance survives the weekend.