120V Controller Wire Question

I'm building a controller from the DIY kit but for 120V instead of 220V. What kind of wire do I use? 10/3 extension cord of some kind?

Comments

• edited February 2020

20 amp circuit = # 12 wire. 30 amp circuit= # 10 wire.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• So would I be able to use an extension cord and just wire it in with that Instead of wiring in new plugs with a new wire? Not sure if I know how to do that

• Ok nevermind, wiring new plugs to a new cord seems easy enough, but I have an extension chord that is 12/3 so it'd be easier to cut that where the connections are made inside of the box and cut off the end where it connects to the element. Would that be ok or should I just buy a new cord with a new plug? Sorry if these are dumb questions, I'm just trying to avoid burning my apartment down

• Electricity is best wired by an electrician. At least have an electrician look it over before plugging it in.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• I plan on it, I was just curious about the type of cord. I understand how it goes together, i just want to be sure about the little details that I haven't read yet. I'm going to take a stab at this tomorrow while watching the video for reference step by step.

• edited February 2020

Please always keep the possible risks in mind when dealing with electricity, which makes me quote our disclaimer from our Terms of Service once again:

DISCLAIMER: Any advice given here reflects the personal opinion of individual forum members, which may not necessarily be correct and is meant to be addressed to someone who exactly knows and understands how to perform the necessary tasks. If in any doubt please seek help from a professional. Neither the StillDragon® Community nor the StillDragon® Organization or their individual members can be held responsible in case you encounter problems, damages or injuries when following any given instructions.

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum