Electric Parrot in Europe?

edited August 2019 in SD Europe

Is the electric parrot available in Europe, or do they need to be imported from Australia?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• edited August 2019

We do not offer the electric parrot, because that item is not certified for professional use, and we have never really seen a noticeable demand. A regular product collection kit with hydrometer is just the typical way to go.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• What do you mean certified for professional use? By whom?

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited August 2019

@punkin said: What do you mean certified for professional use? By whom?

A European thing with otherwise caged parrot called "Kleinverschlussbrennerei" or "Verschlussbrennerei" (and equivalent in other countries) where you need a gauged, sealed device certified by local customs. Such a certified device is available from a company in Switzerland and costs a fortune. Therefore the logical conclusion is to stick to a regular parrot with hydrometer (and cage it if necessary), which saves a lot of money and headaches.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• I've been called professionally certifiable before.

• edited August 2019

@SDeurope said: A European thing with otherwise caged parrot called "Kleinverschlussbrennerei" or "Verschlussbrennerei" (and equivalent in other countries) where you need a gauged, sealed device certified by local customs. Such a certified device is available from a company in Switzerland and costs a fortune. Therefore the logical conclusion is to stick to a regular parrot with hydrometer (and cage it if necessary), which saves a lot of money and headaches.

It's not even the same thing. The Electric Parrot is a temperature probe. It measures vapour temperature and converts that measurement into an accurate indication of the makeup of the vapour abv wise to help you in making cuts and running the still.

How can a caged parrot accurately measure the abv of a batch of spirits (or an electric parrot) ?

. The reading measure will depend on the flow rate of the spirit pushing up on the hydrometer.
    .The temperature of the distillate will alter the reading of the abv
    .The progress of the spirit run will determine where on a sliding scale the abv will be.
    . The final discharge into a holding tank will combine all the abv's from the whole spirit run into an average abv that is lower than the start of the run but higher than the end of the run
    .The nature of the parrots shape means that it is holding a bunch of condensate that is from earlier in the run and it's displaying a mix of that condensate from the last twenty minutes.

Furthermore the systems we sell include various 'not certified for professional use' parrots so what is the difference between this one and the other ones you sell.

I think you are confused with the parrots being a tool to help you run the still and tht to do your reporting you need to take samples of a finished batch of spirits with a certified instrument in accordance with regulation.

I believe that to be impossible with a 'caged, certified parrot' and i don't know what other countries you are talking about.

All the locked, caged parrots i have seen is to stop people stealing the spirit, nothing to do with certification.

I don't care one way or the other whether you stock the item, but i do care if you are trying to say it's an inferior item. It's a tool that is a much more accurate tool than the ones you do stock.

Ask any user.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand