StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Hey everybody how's thing? New guy here

Since I purchased a couple nice things I figured I would stop by and say a hearty thanks to the StillDragon team. Everyone was great to work with and I will be buying more in the future. There's a couple shiny copper bits on my wish list.

I've lurked here for a long time, hopefully I will be able to contribute a thing or two in return for everything I gotten from you.

Comments

• Welcome. If it's not rude to ask, what were you before you were a guy?

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• A 'ute.

image.jpg
    300 x 300 - 19K
  • Thanks for checking in @SingleMaltYinzer.

Pics of your shinny bits?

Are you going to be around when I get to 4four6 ?

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• When are you in town? I'll make time.

I posted my shiny bits in the "Show us your Dragon" thread.

• edited July 2019

I have two utes. Here's one;

corvair27.jpg
    800 x 600 - 106K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• That's a cool ute. As it's Australian I'm it's assuming it's poisonous and will kill you if you look at it wrong.

• Nah it's a left hand drive US import mate. But it will certainly kill you quick enough in a head on shunt, nothing but a piece of tin between you and whats in front.

• edited July 2019

Well this is my truck. When I open i will put logos and a business name on the bus.

1.jpg
    800 x 450 - 79K
    2.jpg
    450 x 800 - 77K
  • neat

• I am a kombi nut. I just love VW buses and making whiskey.

• edited July 2019

I love those. Especially the crewcabs.

My two VWs

image.jpg
    800 x 305 - 63K

• In Colorado it is this:

Colorado Utes

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• Nice @Smaug. Well I have had about 10 buses over the years. I have this pickup and I managed to get my hands on a 1971 german double slider door bus. Rare as rocking horse shit they are. I waited for 2 years to find this one. All of my distillery vehicles are going to be buses. I really want a double cab too. But they are hard to find now adays.

• Now I'm jealous of everyone's rides!

• The crew cabs are very dear.

• THere is a double cab for sale in Buenos Aries for US$15k. Its probably worth but I need the money to get my shed fixed up. Nice Bug mate. I had a great 1971 super bug cabriolet about 25 years ago. I loved that bug. I got a few BJs in the back too. Still there is more room to move in a bus. ha ha ha.

• Clean, pristine doubles can go as high as 150,000 USD here.

• @Smaug drop a 13b rotary into that red one for a bucket of fun ;)

• @crozdog There was a guy here in Mendoza who had a black pickup but put a 240hp chevy engine in it. He put in a 5 speed gear box on it too. I wanted to buy it but was broke and out of work at the time. But looked like a lot of fun.

• edited July 2019

@crozdog said: Smaug drop a 13b rotary into that red one for a bucket of fun ;)

She bops along pretty good now. It's a 1914cc with a 120 cam and a pair of 40mm Kadron carbs. Makes about 120 hp. The vehicle only weighs 1100lbs (500 kg).

Doesn't pull wheelies. Too long. It has a full size pan. Would love a roided out 2 liter pancake.

• edited July 2019

Sorry for going off topic....maybe we need a cool cars thread...

one day I'll get a little mazda 1000 ute and drop a 13B turbo & 5 speed into it to pair with my '85 323 (glc) wagon that has a nice 12A bridge port in it with Webber style injection.

Granny Spec - until you hear it :))

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 71K
  • SamSam
    edited July 2019

Well since we are going down this road here is my contribution:

347 Mustang Convertible (and the Land Rover, better than any Ute...).

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 70K
  • @sam Nice ride mate. I dont think you can put a 1000l IBC tote and 800kg of grain in the back though. But its definitely going to go faster than my bus. A lot faster.

• Replacing the one on the right with the one on the left.

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 131K
  • Never thought you’d be a jag guy. Or Aston Martin? I never can tell these days.

• Ok ok... Since you guys are showing off your rides I'll show you me and mine... Just don't tell anyone my secret. And @Smaug - when you're up here you can take it for a spin. FYI - you'll need a shirt like that one.

image.jpg
    570 x 800 - 92K
  • @grim said: Never thought you’d be a jag guy. Or Aston Martin? I never can tell these days.

The car on the right is a Jag XK that was designed by the same guy who used to design Aston Martins, thus the similarity. Wife's car.

Now the car on the LEFT will definitely see my ass sitting in the seat more than the one on the right did. VERY heavy car (4,200 lbs) but it has 454hp so it can get out of it's own way. Motor was built by Ferrari and sounds like one. Contrary to what Joe Walsh says, it actually does 187 top speed.

Not that I will ever find out.

FC

• If I had a maserati like that I would definitely loose my drivers license...

Thats one of the great things a out the mustang is there are enough rattles and creaks to scare you off driving it too fast for any period of time.

• "I lost my license, now I don't drive"

• I got my bus up to warp speed a couple of weeks ago. It was a 100km/hr. Felt like I was flying, and I am never going to lose my license in this thing. Unless I get breathalysed coming back from my distillery after a long day of tasting.