StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Confessions Thread

Ok, i'll start.

After doing the same UJSM recipe for a year or two i started doing all cuts on the fly tasting off the parrot. I didn't drink it, so long as they were saying how great it was i was too lazy to keep improving.

I haven't distilled anything or brewed beer for years.

I dance drunk and alone for cardio exersize after weights at home rather than walk sober :)

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

Comments

• Yeah all of those things seem like,,,,normal.

Where is the confession bit?

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• I’m fairly certain that a few drinks in that I’m not the only one who falls down a YouTube rabbit hole and ends up singing Journey and Boston songs to my cat.

Who am I kidding... I don’t even need alcohol for that.

• My ex used to call me a collector.....of hobbies.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• @punkin said: My ex used to call me a collector.....of hobbies.

My current wants to know how the hell do I even find my way home at night.

No alcohol involved. Just day dreaming is all and miss every turn I'm supposed to make until I snap out of it and find myself miles down the road.

• Well this is booze related. I did a gin run about 12 months ago when my mother was here. I was really tired for many reasons and did the run and it came out badly. Really heavy Juniper and Alcohol. The only thing I had to put it in was a plastic 30litre container. So thats what it went into. I forgot about it until about 2 weeks ago when I had to bottle it. I bottled it without tasting. ( bad thing). I gave away one bottle to a mate and another friend was over and with great ceremony I pulled it out and poured a couple of glasses. Holy shit it tasted like a mixture of gin and plastic. I had to throw 18litres down the drain. I had to call the guy I gave a bottle and say chuck it out. Very bloody embarassing. But I wont do that again. Always taste your booze before you bottle it.

• edited June 2019

My name is Kapea (sounds like kah PAY ah - the Gilligan's Island name for the Southern Cross constellation).

I am a lava junky.

Physical restraints are not enough to keep me from traveling the lava fields to photograph and video volcanic eruptions and active lava flows.

In spite of my lava addiction, or perhaps because of it, I will NEVER use scoria as packing in my stills. I know what kind of nasty heavy metals and other toxic compounds scoria is composed of.

July 4, 2019 is the 10th anniversary of my first still run (neutral from WPOSW on a 2" copper homemade VM still)
    March 17, 2019 was the 30th anniversary of my first batch of homebrewed beer (Bass Ale clone from an extract kit, enhanced with partial mash and additional hop pellets).

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• My gym has been idle for months. I have the sit up bench in the house and use it a few times a week but other than that i have pretty much stopped exercising.

Still punch that prick Steden every time i walk past him though.

• @punkin said: My gym has been idle for months. I have the sit up bench in the house and use it a few times a week but other than that i have pretty much stopped exercising.

Still punch that prick Steden every time i walk past him though.

Aye, should feed that cock sucker a knuckle sandwich every chance you get....That prick...

• I confess that i have never taken a selfie.

• edited June 2019

I over-drove the reflux condenser on my VM still once. It gurgled and spat out some pretty high-strength ethanol before I figured out what was happening ("Huh? Wot's dat weird sound?).

Fortunately the overflow did not ignite on the open-flame burner firing my boiler. Ten years later and that lesson is still very vivid in my mind. Dodged a bullet that day, fur shur.

I nevah tolt nobody dis befoah.

• edited June 2019

Same thing here i had an air lock on the water to my reflux coil in the VM which reached right up to within an inch of the peaked tin roof. Went inside to make coffee while the boiler was heating up over the gas burner, got distracted by something shiny.
    20 mins later remembered and ran out to smell heated ethanol and see it condensing on the roof and dripping down all over the boiler sizzling.

• edited June 2019

I collect small local rocks (golf ball size or so) from places I visit around the world.

“Our scars have the power to remind us that the past was real.”
    - Hannibal Lector

“Rocks have the power to remind us that far away places are real.”
    - Kapea

• Used to do the same thing and give them to Bourbon Girl. She has a small collection.

• I used to like drinking mainstream beer.

• @crozdog said: I used to like drinking mainstream beer.

Speaking of which,,,I used to think Guinness was heavy.

• @Smaug said: Speaking of which,,,I used to think Guinness was heavy.

That musta been before you started working out.
    8.34lbs/gal is not heavy.

• edited July 2019

Confessions thread, we're here to listen not judge or condemn :)

Confession, years of heavy drinking has numbed my brain. I get easily distracted by shiny things and so forgetfull that at least once a week i fuck up making a coffee (or go to the kitchen to get one and come back without it).

Doc has me taking B1 for it.

• edited July 2019

I am a Major League Baseball junky. Specifically, a San Francisco Giants fan. I get their games live on TV via satellite. The Giants are in my living room 4-5 nights a week.

Because it is 2434.79 miles from my house to Oracle Park, I can only fly to San Francisco four times a summer for long weekends of baseball. This year I added a fifth long weekend in Denver to watch the Giants play at the Rockies. (I did Coors Field recon while I was at the ADI conference last March)

Doc says drink beer and eat bratwurst in moderation at the games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV9edXKgkqE

• edited July 2019

Mama, just killed a man

Put a gun against his head

Pulled my trigger, now he's dead

Mama, life had just begun

But now I've gone and thrown it all away

• Not my confession, but a good one..

• Freddie Mercury was such a talent. Still when you screw hundreds and hundreds of guys and have hundreds screw you up the date then your going to get a nasty disease or two.

• Is that a confession @DonMateo?

• I confess i lolled.

• @Kapea No mate I am as straight as an Arrow. I once saw a documentary on Freddy Mercury and he was famous in his time in the London gay scene on screwing everyone and anyone. He would go on multiday long drug and sex binges in gay clubs and never come out. There are a couple of sly references to that in the movie about him when in a band meeting they kept asking Freddy where he was. And Freddy blew off the question and got offended. When the truth is and they couldnt say so that he was in a gay club for days having many many men fuck him up the ass. What could go go wrong? But the movie didnt get around to saying that.

• Ah, OK, got it.
    It’s a confession of obsession.

• Actually mate I just think he has a great voice. He should have been an opera singer.

• Meanwhile, back to our regular programming....

I confess i texted my grandaughter while drunk last night and asked her to tell my ex 'Happy Birthday'. Just realised when i got up this morning and checked my messages.

• I pocket dialed my ex the other day. First time I’ve called her in four years. Suddenly there was a bad memory coming from my pocket, “Hello? Hello? What go you want?”

I just hit the end button.

• Well there is no where else to put this. But i confess i just purchased a block if land with a run down shed to build my distillery. I also just landed 3 consulting gigs so i am 4 months away from building a decent shed and tasting room. After 3 years of lurking and learning here.

• I was out in the Florida sun all day yesterday and didn't re-apply sunscreen........