StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Melbourne expression of interest Group buy milk can boilers 50L

Hey All

The Aud to USD is at about 0.97 atm so Im looking at getting one of the below with a few extras from the states between now and the start of November (just need to work out my budget :p)

http://www.stilldragon.com/milk-cans.html

Just wondering if anyone else is interested and we can get them sent together

Just waiting on an invoice with pricing atm but the can is 350usd and about 160usd for freight

Will post more details as I get them

Main reason I am going for one of these is its pretty and ill probably do all grain brewing and then let it ferment in the can as well

Any questions ask :)

Comments

• Thanks for your interest in the milk can boilers, @Clickeral.

@punkin is the StillDragon distributor for Australia and New Zealand.
    You should be working with him instead of through the USA distributor.
    If there is enough interest, I'm positive Punkin will arrange the shipment.

• Yeah I did ask @Smaug when I emailed him originally if @Punkin would be the person to go though but at the time I didn't think about the possibility of getting more then one in (was just thinking of myself at the time)

I also asked @Punkin in the post I made about the takeaway stills if he could get them in

At this stage I just want to see if anyone is interested and then I will go from there if its more then one I will suggest @Punkin brings them in with one of his shipments

Originally when I was looking at boilers I was going to get one from Moonshine distiller as at the time Stilldragon didn't offer one

Your feedback is great and the whole reason I posted up this thread

• edited October 2013

I haven't been stocking them as i haven't had the demand. They get real pricey at my cost price plus freight and that's why i've done the keg boilers.

I gave the OK for you to go through Larry on that basis, but if there is interest from others on a bulk buy style order i'll get them straight from China to save two lots of international freight and send them out from here.

Let this run it's course and i will get prices if there is further interest.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Perfect @punkin just making sure everyone is happy and I don't step on anyone's toes :)

Ill be ordering on payday :D so excited

• I have to say those milkcans look slick... I would be in if they were around the $500 nzd, I could always fly over and pick it up and bring it back as luggage. The cost arnt too bad if you consider the cost of getting that many triclamps welded to a keg.

• @Clickeral said:

Main reason I am going for one of these is its pretty and ill probably do all grain brewing and then let it ferment in the can as well

Any questions ask :)

some quick questions / comments around this comment you made....

if you are doing AG, are you fermenting on the grain? distilling on the grain needs a double boiler style boiler (steam / water jacket) so you don't taint the spirit with burnt flavours from the grain on the element or bottom if using gas.

If you are fermenting and then using the same vessel as your boiler I would strongly recommend you rack the beer / wash off to another container eg cubes, wash out the milk can then refill with the beer / wash. This will avoid off flavours due to the yeast / trub being cooked when running.

I raise these points as whilst the milk can boilers might look great, if you don't have a solid understanding of the production process and adjust it according to your objectives &/or equipment available, you are likely to make a poor(er) end product.

If you are going to make AG wash, treat it with the respect and attention it deserves and do not cut corners - your end product will be so much the better if you do.

• I have ordered half a dozen of these to come in with my sea freight that's due to arrive here in the new year. Not sure on pricing yet but i will advise everyone through here when they arrive after seeing the exchange rate at the time and calculating shipping the huge quantity of air.

Please post here if you wish to reserve one on a price dependent basis. Like the Gin baskets (one left) they will not last long i suspect and will be a few months coming again.

I will have the custom stands as an option, but only three of those are coming, so definately let me know here if you want one of those, first come, first served.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand