Packaging

I found this see through plastic can for a rtd cocktail. I didnt buy any but thought I would share. Looked great.

Comments

• edited February 2019

Sorry. Crap hotel wifi

image.jpg
    450 x 800 - 101K
  • Yes if you can get them in South America. I am in Punta de Este in Uruguay, then you should be able get them in other place. It would make a nice gin and tonic container.

• edited February 2019

Cans are probably cheap, a compatible canning line probably costs half a million.

We are doing work to bring a spirits based RTD to market. Canning is very cost prohibitive at low volumes.

Upfront cost is big, margin is tiny, taxes suck.

• Around here lots of craft beer brewers us a mobile caning service. They show up can your stuff and then leave. and come back next time.

• We tried a sample of these on our canning line ,,,,didn't turn out , huge mess . As far as using a mobile caning company like craft brewers , it doesn't work for rtd products . Craft brewers are canning a carbonated product . So unless you can find a company that has nitrogen dosing it wont work . The nitrogen dose attachment is 40 grand but it is essential . Tim

• Here you can buy these mini manual canning machines and I was wondering if you load up the bubbles for your carbonated drink that should be the same as a beer. The little canning machines cost about a US$1500 here in Argentina, but the cans cost us$.45 each. I dont think it would really be worth it although labor here is pretty cheap. Anyone tried making RTD with the manual canning machines.

• We have 3 different lines of rtd, our product is noncarbonated made with our own vodka not ngs . We nitrogen dose for 2 reasons 1 it's a preservative 2 it pressures the can giving it the strength needed to withstand stacking . Our caning line is a manual line and 2 people can produce 1000 cans in a 8 hr day . A manual canning line here costs in neighborhood of 85 grand plus another 40 grand for nitrogen dosing. It's a huge investment even at the manual stage . Tim

• edited October 2019

You need to force carbonate in a chilled brite tank, exactly like you would do for beer canning.

• @hudsonbaydistiller said: We have 3 different lines of rtd, our product is noncarbonated made with our own vodka not ngs . We nitrogen dose for 2 reasons 1 it's a preservative 2 it pressures the can giving it the strength needed to withstand stacking . Our caning line is a manual line and 2 people can produce 1000 cans in a 8 hr day . A manual canning line here costs in neighborhood of 85 grand plus another 40 grand for nitrogen dosing. It's a huge investment even at the manual stage . Tim

can you detail the nitrogen dosing? is it putting in a tiny drop of liquid nitrogen or something?

• @grim we don't want a carbonated drink that's why we're nitrogen dosing.

@CothermanDistilling the nitrogen doser adds a set amount of nitrogen just prior to lid placement, it gasses off removing all oxygen in can and 98% of the oxygen in product, as it's gassing off the lid is sealed trapping the gas in the can causing pressure. It's very precise too much nitrogen will blow the can up and not enough with produce a soft can. Timing is also exact to fast or to slow to seal lid will end up same as to much or to little nitrogen in can.

Tim