After some help to ID this bottle

edited November 2018 in Distillers Pub

Hi folks, a friend of my daughters turned up at a party recently with this bottle which had been left at a function he attended. I was hoping someone here could help identify what it is.

Cheers

Comments

• It was unopened, so we cracked the seal and tried it. Terrible stuff! The young blokes liked it though..probably because it was free. To me it tasted like a cheap Saki, not that im a Saki expert, though!

• Looks like a Baiju bottle to me. Baiju is a poorly distilled rice spirit. Often "enjoyed" during meals.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Some are better than others. But all are,,,better than,,,prison hooch.

• Haha I thought it might be a low shelf product. Many thanks!

• Yes Baiju for sure. I tipped a bottle out a few weeks ago that i brought back from China for a mate.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• edited November 2018

Shochu can also distilled from fermented rice (or wheat, or sweet potatoes, or...). Quality shochu does not suck.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• No the good stuff is definitely good, in it's own way. I appreciate it for sure. The problem lays for me in not being able to read the labels, so price is my only guide in China when purchasing.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Sure. From a touristy point of view, some of the packaging is very good. Punkin and I have had a chance to sample one that was packaged in a solid, hand painted ceramic bottle. Meaning that the business end of the bottle has to be literally broken off to liberate the beverage. From a "collectable" stand point, we really don't get that kind of package here in the states without paying dearly. But imo the Chinese are professional gift givers and their packaging in general for all manner of goods (that are often gifted) seems to very good indeed.

And the tooth pics,,,,,best ever. Bar none. End of story.Take it to the bank.

• I think you liked the roller skates in Shanghai the best .

• Started out that way.