StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Stock Arrival

Comments

• @punkin said: 5 cubic meters of fittings sitting in my driveway, give me a couple days to unpack it and the new stuff will be going up on the website.

That's a lot of SD gear to put away! You sure you have enough room in your shed? :-O

• edited October 2013

1.8 tonnes, no i don't have enough room, the boat has had to go into storage and the shed is crammed to bulging. I still have one more crate to unpack and no idea where it's going to go.

image image

Copping shit about the empty boxes already, she wants to get her car back in the carport.

crate7.jpg
    800 x 600 - 93K
    crate8.jpg
    800 x 600 - 85K
    crate9.jpg
    800 x 600 - 89K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• I still have one more crate to unpack and no idea where it's going to go.

We have a crate here that's a lot like your smaller one. We buy styrofoam from the recyclers and try to keep it full but its getting kind of picked over. The flat stuff is always the first to go and the big chunky stuff is what's left. Did you know that sawing styrofoam makes a mess?
    I saw on the net about people using a 'hot wire' to cut it but I don't have nice toys like that.
    Just a saw and a broom.

You really need to borrow Tan. She has a knack for getting things packed away but, more importantly, she can remember where she put it. If I can't see it, I can't find it - and shelf space is getting scarce so some things don't get the premium 'face' space but are relegated to the 'stuff behind the stuff' dead zone. Chances are your system is better than mine because I have to turn sideways to get in and out of the storeroom.

• I use my band saw to cut the styrofoam.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• I'll help relieve you of some top quality gear

• Yes, the front shelves i have room to survey and peruse, but space is very tight round the back of the shelves and it's all stacked up to the ceiling.

You could easily make a hot wire, just a battery charger and some stainless wire of the right thickness. Have a look on your newly accessible youtube, i bet there is some instructables there.

Your Gin Basket is here Mickey, the rest of it is leaving China this week express.

You're Gin Basket and conical reducer is here too Philter.

I'll add a lot of new stuff to the store over the next week or so, in the meantime if there's things people have been waiting for, just email me.

Big day today too, i need to finish packing the freight away and then two Dash 2's and a boiler to ship. B-)

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• You sound busy Punkin.
    I'll look into the hot wire after I get your next express out, get USA's bigass sea freight finished, get USA's emergency express out, get South Africa's sea freight out, get Sweden's express out, get Cambodia's express out, get England's order finished, get the sea freight boiler order ready for USA, and buy vegetables tomorrow morning so we can eat and not starve to death.
    The rest of the time I get to kick back and feet up... oh, Russia wants another Dash? I really need more money and more power and a manager to do all of this for me so I can just fish with Punkin on his boat all day since it no longer has a home in the shed.

Right, France wants stuff too. Might take a few more days for the fishing, Punkin. But I have a fishing secret that it just damn sure fire - catches fish every time, guaranteed!! Like I said, it's a secret so can't ever share.

• Ok, you win. You're busier than me :))

• Sounds like SD Europe needs to get on the stick.... get some inventory and start shipping stuff... But what do i know.... :)) :)) B-)

• Any chance you have those French oak dominoes yet? I filled in the feedback as requested. :D

• I have contacted my supplier by email to order, but not had a response so will ring them today. Expect them next week. Checking on Hungarian Oak too, for the beer guys.

Thanks for the reviews Nick.

• @FullySilenced said: Sounds like SD Europe needs to get on the stick.... get some inventory and start shipping stuff... But what do i know.... :)) :)) B-)

Yes, you are right, and it's nerve-wracking that preparations take that long. Our new office and warehouse are not ready yet, and I'm still not finished processing the item list, which turned out to be more complex than imagined. I really thought we were going to start shipping in Autumn, what a misjudgment. But we will get there eventually.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• Thanks punkin, keen to try some rum on different woods, welcome on the reviews

• Got onto them yesterday mate, the french is coming this week but unfortunately no Hungarian. The supplier confirmed my own thoughts on the french to say that there is little vannilla coming from it. He also agreed that the maple notes are not there as in the American oak.

Not that it's bad, just that it's different. May be a better solution for those that want to do malt whiskey, brandy or rum and don't want the vannilla and maple bourbonyness. Would be perfect for Calvados.

• edited October 2013

Controller kits are now listed on the site. They come in at $40au due to freight and exchange rates which is far and away the best value in Australia.

http://www.stilldragon.com.au/diy-controller-kit/

• edited October 2013

New stock of Dominoes are in now. There is a limited amount of french oak with medium toast for those who were after it, but the great news is the new American Oak toasting i have gotten.

This is much closer to a char than a toast and i'm really keen to try it on bourbon. The picture below shows from left to right;

Little French Oak staves............Medium toast A Oak staves.....Charred A Oak staves.

As you can see the new dominoes are very much darker than the standard ones.

Due to the good relationship with my supplier, i can still retail a 5kg bag of these dominoes cheaper than people can get them in a bulk buy recently elsewhere. No waiting shipped same or next day.

I'll have the new varieties up on the site shortly.

dominoes1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 50K

• StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Gee the charred ones are dark!

• edited October 2013

Better photo here..

dominoes2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 44K

• I need more product reviews. If you've purchased from the store, please take the time to give a short review of the products you have tried. It helps new customers to have more information and lets people know the point of view of actual customers.

A randomly selected (by Bourbon Girl) prize of 1 kg of the oak dominoes of your choice is up for someone who places a review between now and the end of November.

• Another express shipment has arrived with a few new items (thanks for the fragile stickers, Uncle).

I now have stickers for the DIY controllers, so all those who have already purchased will have theirs posted out (too late for the three that went this morning) and new purchases will have the stickers included.

There's 4"x 305mm pipe for my NZ mate who's building StillDragon Hermses, the screw on lens style bubble tees are here in limited numbers so those with the Macca Crackers on back order will be pleased. I only have enough for one more after backorders are filled so put your dibs in if you want one before Xmas. It's listed on the site now at $1240 plus delivery.

Some other new products that i have to put up on the site yet too, including the 4" stainless steel sieve plates.

• Ladies and Gents.

Very soon the store is going to be closed for a week or more. Apologies but it can't be avoided. It may be that it's in the next couple of days, it may be that it's a week away or more. Health issues have come in the way and i will have to be away to sort them.

Apologies in advance.

• Apologies for those waiting to order, i am stuck at John Hunter waiting for surgery. Latest news is that i should be home around the weekend or very early next week.

Sorry to all those asking but it's out of my control. :x

• @punkin You may need to add a day or two for recovery, The store can wait for a extra day, I'm sure everyone can wait for orders. If your customers are like me, I've never used anything I have ordered from you for several days or weeks. We just "think" we need them in a hurry. I will do another order, but I don't mind waiting and I was not going to email you about anything until you actually put the store back online, when you are ready.

Fadge

• StillDragon Australia is back open for business. Backorders will start shipping tomorrow. All units and parts are in stock and ready to go, no need to preorder bends, clamps reducers etc. Everything is in stock and ready to ship.

I would like to thank my customers and this community for their patience and support. Your many messages both public and private have been very heartening to me in a time of strife.

Currently enjoying a small Evil Twin on tap. :)>-

• Couple more days to get your product reviews in for an Oak prize. Odds are short too because of the store closure, 1 in 6 or something atm. :))

Don't forget the gift certificate option with xmas coming up, great way to ensure you get what you want at chrissy time.

• Or you could just buy a boiler and a dash and get some oak thrown in;)

• Review prize was randomly drawn by my Beautiful Assistant this morning and won by Fadge. =D>

Give me a Pm mate as to what you are interested in using (or i can do a sample pack of all three) and i'll slip some dominoes in the post for you.

Or give your neighbour a nudge and i'll slip them in with his Aussie Take Away Still order B-)