StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Neue Destille im Aufbau und Erfahrungsaustausch

Servus ans Forum,

als erstes, ich versuche jetzt ganz bewusst ein neues Thema in Deutsch zu erstellen. Ich habe die Hoffnung, dass es hier Personen aus Deutschland gibt.

Nun zum Thema.

Ich baue mir gerade eine Destille aus einem 50 Liter KEG mit einer 4 Zoll Dash auf.

Das KEG habe ich heute bekommen:

Wenn die Dash bei mir angekommen ist, gehts weiter.

Ich würde mich freuen, wenn das ganze auf Deutsch klappt.

Schönen Abend noch.

Robeck

Tagged:

Comments

• Ich denke, Sie würden mehr Antworten auf Ihren Beitrag bekommen, wenn er auf Englisch geschrieben wäre.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• Schon klar, da ich aber Englisch nicht wirklich gut beherrsche, versuche ich es mal auf Deutsch.

• edited September 2018

@Kapea - beeindruckend!

@Robeck um so mehr Grund Englisch zu lernen! Es gibt ein paar die auch deutsch können aber es gibt viel mehr Input- da globales Forum- in Englisch

• @Robeck said: Schon klar, da ich aber Englisch nicht wirklich gut beherrsche, versuche ich es mal auf Deutsch.

Viel glück

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited September 2018

Hoffentlich kommt mehr Info, zieht schon gut aus, leistung?

• edited September 2018

Nice to see that the keg is a resold keg (branding removed) and not some other breweries precious kegs.

Next time, invert the keg and use the neck as the drain. Much neater and more practical.

DIN50 KEG HEAT ELEMENT.png
    489 x 549 - 11K
  • I would not agree, o would not add anything (heels, extra mounting exc. On anything less then 70 L)

• one of my uni-keggles:

• A different one: 3 2" elements, 1.5" racking arm drain, with top cut and 2" fill port:

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 125K
  • edited November 2018

Okay, machen wir weiter.

Meine Dash ist gestern angekommen. Leider reicht die Spannweite des Rohrbogens nicht um mit dem Produktabnehmer über den Rand des KEG´s zu kommen. Ich denke 2x 45 Grad 2 Zoll-Bögen sollten das Problem lösen. Zur Heizung. Ich werde zu einem Hockerkocher mit ca 8 KW wechseln. Die Leistung sollte dann locker reichen und das anbrennen bei Fruchtmaischen reduzieren.

Google-Übersetzung:

Okay, let's move on.

My Dash arrived yesterday. Unfortunately, the span of the pipe bend does not reach the product collector beyond the edge of the KEG. I think 2x 45 degrees 2 inch bows should solve the problem. For heating. I will switch to a stool with about 8 KW. The power should then reach loose and reduce the burning of fruit mash.

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 50K
  • Use a T sideways and a small straight section then a 90 degree. That way on the top of your T you have a perfect place for a temp probe or alcometer or both- mounted on a triclamp cap. I use a 150 long bare RTD say 5 mm dia. with a double compression fitting sealing it so it does not use a thermowell therefore quick. The length allows the probe to go down to the horizontal outlet. Remove the cap and you have easy access for flushing.

Using the T configuration also allows the condenser to be mounted back on say the wall ( or keg ) to support it well using clamps.

Nice viewing port on your keg ( and generally nice work all round ). Must have been fairly tight to get that in. I hope you got multiple elements or a good controller as 8Kw is a lot. I got 9.4 over three elements in my 50 l and it only takes 20 min to heat up but then you have to turn some off as my 5" would flood.

• @GD50 Hockerkocher = Gas Burner

@Robeck - if you go with 2 x 45, then your condenser would be at an angle and you'd have to compensate back with 2 x 45 to get your collection parrot level again.

• Ein schönes Projekt! Wie ist der aktuelle Stand?