Ammonia Salts

I'm new to distillation I've been training and learning on a continuous feed still now for a year. We are running pretty nasty wine with high ammonia. The problem is the still will build up high pressure and the condenser gets loaded with ammonia salts. Is there a way to purge and clear the condenser while the still is running?

Comments

• edited September 2018

Not sure what your still / PC configuration looks like but I don't see why you couldn't do something like this?

Prolly wouldn't waste much product at all if you had to douche your PC in the middle (or the like) of the run.

Reducer with CIP.jpg
    800 x 600 - 29K

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited September 2018

Although this reducer set up will optimize the performance of your thru tubes if you are running a shotgun.

Vortex Bowl reducer with CIP.jpg
    800 x 600 - 27K

• edited September 2018

Or could do the top mount with a spray ball.

Maybe a sight glass on the vapor inlet so that you'll be able to see that you don't send your CIP liquid down the vapor inlet tube if you send too much CIP liquid into the reducer if you see my meaning? If you gauge the optimal amount of CIP liquid however, the incoming pressure should prevent liquid from entering the vapor inlet providing that you don't completely overwhelm and flood the reducer with CIP liquid.

Bowel with top mount CIP.jpg
    800 x 600 - 29K