StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Sources For Gin Botanicals in UK?

edited January 2017 in SD Europe

Where do fellow Brits buy their gin botanicals?

Tagged:

Comments

• Justingredients. They also trade on Amazon

Abbeybotanicals is good too

Poyntzfield nursery for weird and wacky fresh seeds and plants for growing at home

• I am just starting to really look around as I bought a load from justingridients and frankly the juniper was not up to much and I was recommended to go to them as a smaller quantity supplier of Beacon Commodities products. Clearly a quality juniper is an absolute necessity so if anyone has any good suggestions i would welcome them.

• Beacon Commodities are great. If you are looking for small quantities you can give The Alchemists Apothecary a go, I have had good juniper berries from them.

• Thanks zizther I will try them, I was not convinced that justingredients even supplied me with products from Beacon even though I specified it.

• Thanks zizther. What is the minimum quantity from Beacon?

• Beacon provide large quantities, I don't think you will get less than 15kg - 20kg for specific botanicals.

• Plus one for Beacon from me. Tommy is very helpful.

• Here is a list of good botanical suppliers, not just the UK.

• Joseph Flach & Sons (UK)
    • Beacon Commodities (UK)
    • Bristol Botanicals (UK)
    • Just Ingredients (UK, you can ask for specific origins on botanicals too)
    • KrauterMix (Germany)
    • Bora Life (Turkey)
    • Adri International (Bulgaria)
  • +1 for KrauterMix have used some of their products for several years.. cannot fault.

• Hi there. I can offer to you botanicals for gin from Bulgaria. In fact Adri and Kr Mix have bought from us juniper and sloe - office2.ruse@g-t-p.biz

• Organic Herb Trading are very good, down in Somerset, UK. Trade in lots (website says +500) of different botanical ingredients, all certified organic - minimum spend of £50/MOQ 0.5Kg up to large volumes, call them to get a good price on anything over 25Kg!

Offering organic Juniper from Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland and Albania this year.

• Maybe you UK small batch guys can join together for bulk orders?

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• That's exactly what I do with several small distillers in the Netherlands - I buy in bulk (75+ kg) and sell at cost price. Juniper, coriander, cardamom.