StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

ADI in PDX

2»

Comments

• Just flew back from Denver yesterday, I'd definitely go back for ADI.

• Thanks guys for all the technical assistance. It was great to meet in person t the Portland ADI show and to be able to put faces to names. Back home in North Wisconsin now, 20 Deg F and light snow. Had to put the plow back on the truck as we are expecting six to ten inches of new snow in the next day. Thanks again. Copper Crow

• @CopperCrow It was nice to meet you folks as well. Looking forward to tasting some more of your stuff in the future. Try not to freeze out there, it's a chilly 68 Degrees here in South Florida!!

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Nice words from a guy who, by all accounts, lives in a place that's no slouch, either. Now you've seen one of my favorite places. Someday maybe I can see one of yours.

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

• Come on down ZB. Ginger and Mary Ann have a mai tai waiting for you.

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• edited April 2018

Mil-Spec, EMP-hardened urinals at McMenamins Edgefield:
    (note the ambidextrous configuration)

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 80K

• I love the titan barrels. Although they would be very heavy. I was thinking of doing the same thing in a 25 litre version but with glass plate on the ends instead of wood for my bar. The trouble I had was finding the right diameter plate glass.

• edited April 2018

The Titan rep says that the installed staves and wooden barrel heads provide the same inside liquid contact surface area as a wooden barrel because the staves are exposed on all sides. The weight is comparable because the stainless steel thickness is way thinner than wood. They sell staves and barrel heads in a variety of wood types and degrees of toasts and chars.

I saw clear poly barrel heads on wooden barrels at the P. Friem brewery in Hood River. They age their lambic beers in them. Very cool to be able to watch what's happening when the "wild" critters are doing their magic in the beer.

• edited April 2018

@Kapea said: Then I headed on out to Hood River. A friend who brews at Maui Brewing knows a brewer at P. Frieling Family Brewery there.

I cornfused the brewery with the coffee carafe folks. The brewery is pFriem Family Brewers. Well worth a visit if you find yourself in the Hood River area.

P Friem Family Brewers.jpg
    600 x 800 - 113K