StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Canadian Boarders and Still Parts

2»

Comments

• edited August 2017

When you write, I always look for the devious or devilish. It's usually there.

Also, I can see Canadia from my front porch, or at least my stillin' buddy's porch.

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

• @punkin said: Only Canadians would pick that up. Well done.

I don't know if that's an insult, or a left-handed compliment there ZB. B-)

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• It's a red headed jibe.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Well, it started out as a compliment, and then it sorta got away from me. I'm not sure what the hell it is now.

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

• As a Canuck I just assume that everything I do is illegal. When asked by the friendly customs people I honestly tell them is stainless pipe, plumbing supplies and some miscellaneous hardware. Call it whatever you like, but if you have to ask.....

• edited August 2017

Isn't pot legal up there now, just call it a bong. Trudeau is totally a stoner. Water bong has 7 trays to ensure purity.

Duuuuuuddddeeee.

• Also I have been a pirate for many years.....always prepared to be a boarder ;)

• So did the stainless plumbing make it over, ey?

• smooth sailing as the pirates say ;)

• edited August 2017

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• It may be different depending on what side of the country your on, were in the West so I can't speak for what goes on in the east side of canada. How ever we have bought 90% of our equipment from the states. Never had an issue before or after we had our license.

You cannot get a license until all of your equipment is inspected and your facility has been inspected, so obviously it's legal to posses equipment. The key is u can't be using it, that doesn't mean it can't be used equipment, just not in use when inspected.

And @grim you are right justin true doh is a stoner, who else would legalize marijuana.

Tim

• @Smaug said: "Sanitary SS pipe fittings" have been in use long before distilling adopted them for use.

This is the answer! I use sanitary stainless fittings for all manner things.

@birzzz you are thinking like a guilty person with something to hide and something to explain yourself for.

Here's a suggestion for a totally hypothetical shift in your mindset:

Simply declare Sanitary Stainless Pipe Fittings. If anyone asks what they are for you can say they are for making cheese at home or any number of other food or uses.

As for the "Condenser", this is nothing more than a "shell and tube heat exchanger", it's been in use for over 100 years for heating and cooling processes in the many industries. Nothing suspicious at all. Stay Calm, otherwise you'll have excise officers paying you a visit at a random time only to see you distilling your massive 1L haul of illegal booze.