New Aussie 250 Litre Double Dragon. The Cat's Whiskers.

I finally got around to listing the new system i have on the floor here. It's a 250l direct immersion fired boiler with glass manway in the Double Dragon style.

There are twin 5" 8 plate columns sitting on top which gives the rig the capacity to do single run vodka from wash. The 8" bypassable Gin Basket will hold plenty of botanicals for the rig and the 4" floor standing condensor will knock down all the vapour with minimal water flow.

A commercial style parrot will complement the Electric Parrot that comes standard with this rig.

The Cats Whiskers 250 litre Vodka/Gin Double Dragon @ StillDragon Australia

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

Comments

• Beautiful mate.

• That's sweet as...

• Pretty sure you made this just for me!! Awesome!!

What's the height overall?

Can do electric boiler?

Any idea of expected production rates at azeo?

• Sorry for the missing info it's 2.8 m high and has a footprint of 1.5 m x 1.1 m, although you do need a little room round the back to get at the gin basket.

It is an electric boiler with 4 element ports for direct immersion elements. For you Steve i could do a bain marie style if you wanted, but you'd have to do your research as to what standards they should be built to for Fiji.

The regular columns in 5" will run at 7l/hr from all reports, i expect with this many plates you could run a bit faster.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• I'm not sure I understand gin baskets in operation. will the long runs of pipe create excessive condensate before we want it? is the condensate just drained from the bottom and tossed or how is it used?

• I'll let someone who uses a similar system answer that one mate. As far as i know, no-ones really found a great use for the juice.

• Gin flavor concentrate maybe?

• It doesn't taste like gin. Brown yuck

• i throw it out

• The added surface area of the vapor supply piping can cause extra condensing depending on weather, room temps, etc. The pipes are relatively attractive so many don't want to insulate. But some insulation would greatly reduce condensing vapor. We do have a design that does drain back to the kettle if needed. This particular design is intended to prevent the kettle from being contaminated with oils. For some folks this makes for a more user friendly system. We even have a customer that opted for two product condensers so that he wouldn't have to swab anything clean and thus could transition from his gin program with no clean up. Things like that matter when you work alone.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America