StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Where can you buy heat elements in Europe?

Hi,

I need to build my Pot Belly Boiler 75L.

Does anybody know an online shop in Europe where you can buy heat elements that fit?

Or should I have them shipped from the US.

Best regards

Carlo

Comments

• Amazon.com, search for camco 02964 (5500W) or 02954 (4500W)

• StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• The numbers I gave (02964 and 02954) are the Brewer's Elements

• Thank you for answers. However, it seems that the heaters will be send from the United States and before I receive them it takes 3-4 weeks.

• @carlolund said: Thank you for answers. However, it seems that the heaters will be send from the United States and before I receive them it takes 3-4 weeks.

Yes, they ship directly worldwide from the states and they are suitable for European power supply. Sorry, but we don't have any other recommendation for you, the Camco elements are the ones usually referred to, though of course you can use any element that has a 1" male pipe thread connector and the according length.

StillDragon Europe - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Europe & the surrounding area

• I just bought a few from Camco through Amazon and for 50 USD extra could have them delivered in two days time, to the Netherlands.

• @punkin UK only delivery, that's a problem if @carlolund wants it delivered to Denmark

• It was just one of quite a few listed on ebay and meant as an example.

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Thanks for your helpfulness. I have ordered 3 heat elements 'Camco 02932/02933 5500W 240V Screw-In Lime Life Fold Back Water Heater Element - Ultra Low Watt' on Amazon.They will arrive to Denmark in the first half of April. I hope they will fit my Pot Belly 75L :) Best Regards Carlo

• They quote long delivery times just in case but Iv bought those exact elements from Amazon US and the delivery to the UK actually only took 8 days.

• BrewBuilder has a range of elements with 1" BSP threads. These have been slightly undersized to ease compatibility with the NPT thread that is usually found on the threaded triclamp adaptors. Best of both worlds really, get the threaded TC adaptor from SD Europe, and the element from BrewBuilder.

BrewBuilder is for the UK Beer scene so they tend to use 1.5" TC instead of 2" TC, but the elements fit both.

• @Myles - I've been emailing Mark (BrewBuilder) as he's making me a temp controlled fermenter. His site doesn't specify 1" BSP threads, so I can't be sure. Mark has warned me away from his 3KW ripple elements as he feels they probably won't fit the 100L SD milkcan with SD element kit that are due to be delivered to me shortly. I'm leaning towards the Aiicioo brand as suggested by Punkin further up this thread. Appreciate this thread is 18 months old, so please let me know if anyone has experience good or bad!

• @JayTee - Hi there - just going through exactly that decision making at the moment - what solution did you go with ? Thanks,

• edited January 2019

Hi - I purchased 2 x Camco 02965 5.5KW elements from the Electric Brewery in the US. I highly recommend the Electric Brewery and Kal's customer service is great. As far as Camco is concerned, it's the gold standard so happy with that, but please read my thread about burning rum before you purchase.

@CothermanDistilling recommends Dernord 4500W as lower watt density, but imagine you'd need to import these too. I'm planning to stick with Camco for now, but I've accepted that I need to run power controllers on both elements to hopefully prevent them scorching the wash. I believe this is only a problem with rum washes however.