3/4" PTFE Gasket ?

edited March 2017 in General

Does anyone know where I can buy the PTFE version of the 3/4" gaskets?

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• edited March 2017

Sanitary?

Just keep in mind that 1/2 or 3/4 ptfe gasket looks nothing like a silicone version of the larger size.

If it has an outside lip it will not seat properly.

image.jpg
    800 x 611 - 29K
  • Full disclosure,I have not purchased from this out fit yet but they do have 3/4 inch PTFE as well as PTFE envelope gaskets.

White PTFE - Sanitary Tri-Clamp® Gasket @ GVC Direct, Inc.

• edited March 2017

@grim said: Sanitary?

Just keep in mind that 1/2 or 3/4 ptfe gasket looks nothing like a silicone version of the larger size.

If it has an outside lip it will not seat properly.

Tri-clamp gaskets

• I bought a bag of 100 on eBay... although hard, they can compress and deform. an example is if you have a 2 foot arm on your parrot for a year...

• @CothermanDistilling said: I bought a bag of 100 on eBay... although hard, they can compress and deform. an example is if you have a 2 foot arm on your parrot for a year...

And what's the link of the shop?

• Sorry to weigh in here but ............... those pictures are not of a tri-clover type clamp seal. Also these seals (tri-clover) are available in PTFE versions and look almost identical.

To correct issues ... try always get the seal with the outer lip. This helps ensure correct seal location during clamping. Available in Slicone, NBR and EPDM.

• edited March 2017

Those are indeed the correct gaskets for 1/2" and 3/4" triclover/triclamp.

I have a vast array of mini-tc components and the gaskets I have that use the outer flange do not always seat properly.

The absolute worst are the silicone 3/4 with the outer flange - they are a mess.

The ones pictured work beautifully and always fit well. If I come across one that looks like a standard tc gasket it goes straight into the garbage.

• edited March 2017

Again apologies .... but this is what a TC gasket looks like and with outer lip.

tc-gasket-epdm-2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 44K
  • @richard said: Sorry to weigh in here but ............... those pictures are not of a tri-clover type clamp seal. Also these seals (tri-clover) are available in PTFE versions and look almost identical.

To correct issues ... try always get the seal with the outer lip. This helps ensure correct seal location during clamping. Available in Slicone, NBR and EPDM.

YES, they are..... 3/4" and 1/2" ones are not always like what you have pictured....

• edited March 2017

Mini-TC gaskets with the outer lip come from China where they didn't bother to actually look at the spec before they made a gasket.

The issue is that the TC joint is spread significantly wider, and the clamp needs to be open much wider - when you tighten those down the clamp skates around and does not provide consistent pressure around the flange.

With the proper gaskets - the space between two mini-TC clamps is singnificantly tighter, clamps work without needing to spin the nut nearly off, and the clamps seat square and firm.