StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

Whats in your Glass?

Comments

• Wow that is spectacular packaging

• Really nice package.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• Kapea you missed that concert it was almost 3 months ago now

:))

• edited December 2016

Interesting regarding Kaffir lime, we have to in this part of the world watch our P&Q's lest people take offence to the use.

Is the Name Kaffir Lime Racist?

• @richard said: Interesting regarding Kaffir lime, we have to in this part of the world watch our P&Q's lest people take offence to the use.

Is the Name Kaffir Lime Racist?

I think that's mostly from when people pronounce it "keefer".

Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

my book, Making Fine Spirits

• @FullySilenced said: Kapea you missed that concert it was almost 3 months ago now

:))

section 100, row A

David Gilmour, Roger Waters is not! Pretty disappointing...

I'm more like I am now than I was before.

• @zymurgybob said: I think that's mostly from when people pronounce it "keefer".

The first and onlyest time I've ever heard it used derogatorily was in the movie Lethal Weapon There was no long E sound in the way it was pronounced. The meaning was unmistakable enough though...

• edited January 2017

Well i haven't cracked the seal yet, but a surprise visit from the boys at Humpybong Distilling who are down here for the YeeHah this week meant i had a nice present for later on.

About the 4th good news story i've heard from customers in a month with Ben saying they have tied up a national distributor and that they will be expanding.

Looking forward very much to trying the product.

humpybong1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 96K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• A noyce treat!

• Heading to Brazil on Sunday - anywhere around Sao Paulo I should stop?

• @grim said: Heading to Brazil on Sunday - anywhere around Sao Paulo I should stop?

Spiral Distillery. Get some real Cachaca.

Tell em Larry and Jeff said hello.

• @grim Sao Paulo not big on my list for sightseeing in Brazil. Municipal market was cool and there's a small artist village nearby where you can get craft woodwork. They have a local tree (urumba or so?) that they cooper barrels out of. Makes done interesting aged Cachaca

• The Brazilian domestic woods are very good indeed. White oak is very acrid by comparison imo.

• Are there any one on the board who lives in Brazil. I wouldnt mind trying to get some staves and dry different woods. I think I can get brazillian timber in Argentina.

• Templeton Rye 10 year and some Four Roses Small batch tonight. Celebrating some good news from work today with this and a Montecristo # 2.

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 78K
  • edited March 2017

Not bad

image.jpg
    600 x 800 - 58K
  • edited March 2017

Russian old style white whiskey. Polugar.

1.jpg
    450 x 800 - 56K
    2.jpg
    450 x 800 - 89K
    3.jpg
    450 x 800 - 30K
    4.jpg
    450 x 800 - 61K
    5.jpg
    450 x 800 - 46K
  • edited April 2017

Casaamigo Anego. My new favourite special occasion tequilla. The Herradura is out.

tequila1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 103K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Really? I wasn't impressed by Casamigo. Don't remember if I had añejo.

• edited April 2017

Akashi japanese whiskey. Very nice.

image.jpg
    800 x 600 - 56K
  • edited April 2017

Ok here is another one. Great packaging.

1.jpg
    450 x 800 - 47K
    2.jpg
    450 x 800 - 68K
    3.jpg
    450 x 800 - 46K
  • That is awful

• I had to buy it when I saw it. Its from Moldova and I can say it tasted awful as well. Neft Vodka from Austria is really good.

• Bloody Hell @DonMateo what a life you lead. If you dont mind being away from home you seem to be living the dream. Need a Mechanical/Marine/Refrigeration/ Power Generation Engineer assistant?

• Mate. There is nothing glamorous about mining projects. I work in a sea can stuck by a field of mud at 2500m in the mountains in Armenia. The only reason I am here for the money to get enough to start up my distillery and quit doing jobs. I am in project controls so I dont know much about Engineering assistant positions. If you spoke Armenian or Russian no problem.

• Ok here are some more. The black oilcan is neft vodka. Which is really nice. Its a rye vodka and its great. The second one is a schnapps i tried in the airport in Vienna. Nasty stuff. And the other two are new flavours of polugar. One is the wheat and the other is a wheat rye combination. I tried both in minatures and they are really good. The last is vegemite. Which can be used as a sex aid but is better put on toast.

image.jpg
    800 x 450 - 54K
  • That vegemite sounds like our marmite ... brilliant stuff

• I recall a girl from High School that was happy to leave the boy's with vegemite on their johnson's....or was it peanut butter?!?....

• @DonMateo said: The last is vegemite. Which can be used as a sex aid but is better put on toast.

Wha...? You can eat vegemite? Who knew? I use it as bearing grease.

• Ha ha ha.. Years ago I was in Peru and there was an Aussie Drilling company full of Aussies. They wanted to get vegemite in and so they labeled it drilling rod grease. It gets to customs and they find this case of Vegemite. The customs agent said what is that stuff. They said Drilling rod grease. The customs agent said I dont believe it. Open a bottle. One of the aussies opened it and said here smell it. The customs agent smelt and said Buugghhh.. Thats terrible stuff. OK I beleive you. And let them bring it it. I love it. My kids dont but they are growing up in Argentina.