Control System GUI

Many of you know I use the BCS-462 from Embedded Control Concepts. I have had it for 6+ years and it works great, but with some I/O limitations such as no RTD input, and no analog output.

Recently, they upgraded the forward to a whole new paradigm and we lost the HMI (human machine interface) GUI... I was a bit disappointed.. Fortunately, really smart member has written a very snappy JSON GUI and shared it.

Details - optimized for 1080P but will work with 4K also, The base code is at a 3rd site, but once that is loaded, all the communications seem to be direct between browser and the controller. Here is the discussion on the forum.

I plan on figuring out how to have this on a 4k TV for distillery tours..

I shot a YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYKVaN5xn1g

If anyone out there uses a BCS, maybe we can team up on the component drawings for the still items... All I have drawn is a condenser

Tagged:

Comments

• and if that gets you excited, guys have working amazon developer AWS projects that allow you to run this with your amazon echo... "alexa, what is the product condenser temperature"...

• Amazing @CothermanDistilling , where do you find the time for this? I'm getting home at 4am and still not finding time to do the essentials around the plant. I'm hoping to get a better work/life balance very shortly.

• @TheMechWarrior said: Amazing CothermanDistilling , where do you find the time for this? I'm getting home at 4am and still not finding time to do the essentials around the plant. I'm hoping to get a better work/life balance very shortly.

heck, I am thinking the same thing about the guy who wrote the code for this! I just spent an hour or two on it..

• That's pretty neat. Surprised they ditched the UI vs just keeping what existed and allowing others to extend.

The 4k would be nice, I would put up a big screen with tons of graphs.

• the 3.7 code had a built in HMI, when they went to 4.0, it was a low priority, and for a $2-300 retail price device, hard to ask for more... and it took resources, the new one pretty much 'lives' in the browser itself

• Still waiting to hear about the "pro" version with support for RTD's & 4-20mA devices

• If they come out with a new and improved I'm first one in line