StillDragon® Community Forum

Welcome!

Be part of our community & join our international next generation forum now!

In this Discussion

New Stock Arrival

Comments

• Sorry unsub, i have had two record months in a row and have trouble keeping up with who's who. If everyone was a number rather than a name i'd do better :))

I'll check with Fester when he returns RB and see if we ship a few spare baskets.

First one came into Australia yesterday for Awesomes new Crystal Dragon. I unpacked it and had a bit of a look, couldn't help myself. These really are a nice bit of gear, very solid and brilliantly thought out thanks to the brainstrust. The baskets have a superfine mesh that there's definately no chance of particles slipping out. They are unlike anything on the hobby market, and there is nothing on the commercial market within 10 times it's price range. Fester really needs to be congratulated for what was a long, drawn out process involving a lot of problem solving, sourcing samples and sourcing manufacturers. =D>

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• Great, now I'm just a number...

:P

Barcode-Tattoo-Neck.jpg
    560 x 750 - 79K
  • Loo you ripper =D>

• @Law_Of_Ohms said: Great, now I'm just a number...

Don't be sad 172......I mean Oneseventytwo.

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited August 2013

New kegs are here. They are a cheaper variety than the German ones i was getting, but the value is there for the customer this way. These will retail for at least $140 less than the higher grade ones and do the same thing.

I will have a few done by the local welder with two element ports and a drain, but if anyone has any custom needs, please let me know here and i will work up a price for you.

Just repeating these are brand new unbranded, unmarked stainless beer kegs. No problems ever if you are asked where they came from.

newkeg1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 76K

StillDragon Australia & New Zealand - Your StillDragon® Distributor for Australia & New Zealand

• A non-stolen distilling keg!

The sand finish looks good. Any plans to put legs on them?

• Not at this stage Lloyd, i'm trying to keep the costs down for the customers. If the demand is there i may see about having some bases built similar to the milk can ones.

• You know you could sell legs separate as a bolt on. All I would need to do is drill and put bolts in. IM just sayin.

• edited August 2013

Keg boilers are now going up on www.stilldragon.au. The standard models will be with either one or two 2" ferrules for element ports and a 1" bsp socket for drain port. These will sell for $335 and $ 315 respectively inc GST. Ready to order now.

Add elements, guards ect as you see fit. I will soon be stocking quality stainless gate valves and ball valves at prices that are going to thrash the local suppliers. Keep an eye out for details when my new sea freight comes in in a couple weeks time.

These will be fully customisable up to 8" ferrules for the conicals or for easy access, prices quoted at time of order. Sightglasses, fill ports etc all available on request.

I haven't talked to the welder about legs or a stand at this stage, i'm guessing that is going to work out pretty expensive in stainless and can quite easily be arranged by the customer to suit their own situation and made from mild steel painted.

image image

kegboiler1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 66K
    kegboiler2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 72K

• edited August 2013

See those 4x holes on the rim?

drill em out and add...

57-22-PPBL-SWB.jpg
    500 x 561 - 40K
  • Easy as if people want to do that. The bottom rims are actually different shape to the top ones. They are pretty neat in the way they have been made to be stackable, they sit way better than regular kegs.

• I'm only guessing here with your supplier but i do believe they are able to supply 100L kegs occasionally, I'm looking at getting a 100L boiler just for those days i feel like or have time for a longer run

• edited August 2013

Not that i know of mate. I stock 120l boilers that are streets ahead of kegs, these are for those who don't want a boiler that big and either can't access a keg through shady means or just don't want to own stolen property. Often people don't have access to reasonable stainless welders either or don't want others in their town to know what they are up to.

Have a look at the 120l boilers on my site, 8"manway (hinged as who wants to loose a couple of toes dropping a hot endcap on their foot) sight glass, extra fill ports three element ports and bottom drain port, they are the best value boilers available in Australia.

gasboiler3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 115K

• edited September 2013

The first keg boiler is off to Townsville today with elements and other goodies. I will be putting up a 2"sightglass option on the website tomorrow too if i'm out of hospital then.

$60 will get you a 2" viewport above the elements or in the top of the keg with 2" brass sgk installed.

• Hi people, just a reminder about the product review section on my website. Customers who have purchased items are welcome to leave an honest review and it will be posted up.

Also a reminder that Gift Certificates are available and can be used to collect funds towards your next purchase by dropping hints to loved ones, or as a layby system for those upgrades. :-B

• edited September 2013

I need to order anodised alloy tube for covers on the stainless struts for the Crystal Dragons that will be arriving in the next couple of weeks. I plan to offer three or four colour choices eventually for the rods in 4" CD's and one or two in the 8" CD's, i'm interested in feedback (especially from those waiting to order) on the colours available.

There are 6 rods on the 4" version and 8 on the 8" version, these would be slip on covers for the stainless allthread that holds it all together.

I like # 2 especially, but also like # 10, # 14 and # 7. These will be gloss colours.

What are peoples thoughts?

1-Colour Chart.jpg
    800 x 258 - 166K

• edited September 2013

# 3 and # 7

It is what you make it!

• I think i t would make a difference for the owner and there company colors but i like 1,7,8,9,10 the colors stand out a lot more than the others

hope i dont confuse :P

• Just me but I like No. 5. It has an industrial feel to it.

• edited September 2013

I like # 4 and # 2

edited September 2013

# 5, # 7, # 9 With # 9 being my favorite

• Just a hint: The hash-sign "#" followed by text or numbers is interpreted as a hashtag by our forum software, so to write something as a number with the hash-sign there has to be a space in between, as well as a space in front of it if it's starting a line (hash-sign at the beginning of a line creates a header-formating).

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

• I get this a lot, Punkin. I ask for suggestions and get overload. Everyone wants something different... and THAT is exactly what modular is all about.

Cept I tend to avoid color choices.

• That's ok, there are some clear favourites coming out.

• edited October 2013

For those who have been asking about pricing on some of the new arrivals, i've been able to calculate now having most of the bills in. The 4" Crystal Dragons are up on the site now for preorders, i have limited stck so they will sell out quickly. A 4 plate CD is retailing for $1595, a few dollars under the Dash 1. Extra glasses and plates will sell in two glass sections at $205 per twin section, so six plate unit will retail at $1800, well under the Dash 2 price. Obviously these prices come down a long way if choosing sieve plates, another thing that will be stocked now. Email for pricing.

Gin baskets are retailing at $480 the full kit with two baskets. There is only one or two left that haven't been preordered, next shipment is due in January.

The new conical reducers are selling for $260, there are two left unspoken for only, one of the 2" branched variety and one of the 3/4" branched variety.

Plenty of other new arrivals too that will be listed as time allows, but these are the ones i have been getting most of the pressure about listing.

crystaldragon4inch3.jpg
    179 x 311 - 9K
    ginbasket2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 124K
    8inchreducer3.4branch.jpg
    800 x 600 - 57K

• 5 cubic meters of fittings sitting in my driveway, give me a couple days to unpack it and the new stuff will be going up on the website.

B-) >-)

• Sure.