A New Element Guard Design

This discussion was created from comments split from: The StillDragon User Group YouTube Channel.

Watch @Smaug and Shaun present a New Element Guard Design

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk1a9nOqwB8

Your Place to be >>> www.StillDragon.org <<< Home of the StillDragon® Community Forum

Comments

• I've been waiting since you first talked about it on HD for the new element guard to come out. Going to modify my old keg boiler for it as I don't want to even consider it on my 26 gallon milk can.

• Wonder if this could be used inside of the drain of a fermentation tank to "filter" out the solids?

• Is the mesh open enough to ensure that the liquid does not evaporate faster than it can "fill".

Not sure If I am wording that right, basically, this won't create an environment where the element could dry fire?

TXB

• The holes are 1mm

StillDragon North America - Your StillDragon® Distributor for North America

• edited January 2017

Here is the hole pattern.

image.jpg
    800 x 450 - 71K

• edited January 2017

@Txbrewing said: Is the mesh open enough to ensure that the liquid does not evaporate faster than it can "fill".

Not sure If I am wording that right, basically, this won't create an environment where the element could dry fire?

That would depend on how much power you put in and the amount and type particulates in the wash. Even without a screen you could get the liquid to hold of the element if it were hot enough. Like water bouncing on a hot fry pan.

I'm sure it works great in specific situations.

• Not going to work with flour/slurry